• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi. Im a newbie

P

Phrike

Hi, Im in my mid-20's and I've been feeling empty and really low for a few years now.

Some days I feel fine and feel like I can handle just about anything the universe throws at me but I also get days where I feel really dark, like I'm in a dark hole alone and other days are more.. blurry (for a lack of a better word).. like I just dont care, i dont want to move or speak and I just want to be left alone.

I've also been having suicidal thoughts almost everyday since high school, but I dont actively act on it. Its just my mind would play scenes where I would do dangerous things that could end with my death. I kind of got used to the thoughts and just accepted it. But i know that one day my body will listen.

There are some other things that I feel like are wrong with me. and I've thought about going into therapy, but Im a little hesitant. Thats why Im here on this forum.. I want to know if there are people feeling the same thing, I want to know that I'm not alone and I also wanted to get this off my chest. I have a loving boyfriend, but I dont want to dump all of my mess unto him especially since he is also dealing with stuff at work and such.

H

hairybanana

Hey @Phrike sounds a lot like me in my early twenties. All of it, sounds like me. I could have written that, except maybe the boyfriend part.

As I said, yeah can relate to all of that, and I’m glad you’re thinking of looking into therapy, that’s an excellent idea.

It’s good you’re not feeling compelled to act on the thoughts of SI. Also want to share that this was something I dealt with too, as do a lot of people. It’s the brains way of problem solving when we’re in a state of despair.

P

Phrike

Hey @Phrike sounds a lot like me in my early twenties. All of it, sounds like me. I could have written that, except maybe the boyfriend part.

As I said, yeah can relate to all of that, and I’m glad you’re thinking of looking into therapy, that’s an excellent idea.

It’s good you’re not feeling compelled to act on the thoughts of SI. Also want to share that this was something I dealt with too, as do a lot of people. It’s the brains way of problem solving when we’re in a state of despair.
Thank you so much, hairybanana! you dont know how relieved i am to receive your reply. I've been alone with this for so long and everyone around me doesnt seem to have same problem so I dont have anyone to turn to with this. In my culture, mental health isnt taken seriously and is actually being rubbed off and labelled as 'over dramatic' or 'just in it for attention' so theres no outlet, no topic to discuss, no forum, no support system.

But just knowing im not alone is such a big relief for me. Thank you for your reply!!

L

Littlevoice89

Hi @Phrike

You are absolutely not alone in how you’re feeling. I can relate to everything you’ve written.

I’m new to therapy myself. I’d definitely recommend it, but for me things got worse before they started getting better and I have no support outside of sessions. So I would recommend having someone you can get support from whilst going through therapy.

You’ll find lots of support here too:grouphug:

SirBooks

SirBooks

Hi, Im in my mid-20's and I've been feeling empty and really low for a few years now.

Some days I feel fine and feel like I can handle just about anything the universe throws at me but I also get days where I feel really dark, like I'm in a dark hole alone and other days are more.. blurry (for a lack of a better word).. like I just dont care, i dont want to move or speak and I just want to be left alone.

I've also been having suicidal thoughts almost everyday since high school, but I dont actively act on it. Its just my mind would play scenes where I would do dangerous things that could end with my death. I kind of got used to the thoughts and just accepted it. But i know that one day my body will listen.

There are some other things that I feel like are wrong with me. and I've thought about going into therapy, but Im a little hesitant. Thats why Im here on this forum.. I want to know if there are people feeling the same thing, I want to know that I'm not alone and I also wanted to get this off my chest. I have a loving boyfriend, but I dont want to dump all of my mess unto him especially since he is also dealing with stuff at work and such.
🙋 Welcome to the forum.
I am also new here and can honestly say that it has helped. Have a look around and see what helps. I've found that reading other people's stories and experiences, and engaging with others has helped me realise that I am not alone. You are not alone in this. We all support each other here and try to help in anyway we can.
I had my first therapy session on Tuesday just gone. It has taken me 4 years to admit to myself I needed this. Can't say how well it's been for me as yet but I do feel having someone simply to talk to helps.
I'm sure this group will give you the support you're looking for 💪

P

Phrike

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone! I wasnt expecting some responses but this really made my day! Thank you so much!

Talula67

Talula67

:welcome: @Phrike - you are never alone here in this struggle. Sending positive vibes through cyberspace 🙏

Bod

Bod

Hi Phrike, welcome to the forum and it is good you have joined as many members will relate to how you are feeling so can give good help and advice. I know therapy can feel scary and daunting but when we go through with it we can sort many things out in our lives, but we have to want it for it to work and help us.