• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi. I won't put my real name, so, on here I've decided to go with the nickname: manny_the_damned, because I feel cursed in this reality

M

manny_the_damned

I used to be religious - but then my OCD manifested hardcore as anti-religious violent thoughts seeming to come from an alien source. I knew nothing of mental illness back then, my dad was abusive & kept me sheltered from the wider world..the content of the thoughts along with the feeling they weren't my own legitimately made me believe I was possessed by a demon, until I saw a commercial about OCD that described to a T what I was going through. Been in and out of therapy/meds since age 15..I am 38 now and feel no different. I am on here to ask questions from people more knowledgeable than I about my conditions so that I can gain better insight about myself, and if I can help sufferers myself. I said conditions because I've also been diagnosed with Depression and PTSD. Thank you.

T

toucan

Hmm...this is the first time I've ever heard someone describe unwanted thoughts as coming from an alien, which is how it feels for me, too. In any case, it's nice to meet you. :) I'm new also.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Forum Guide
Just want to welcome you to the forum. I hope you can find some meaningful support here.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi manny welcome to the forum :welcome: