• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi i really want to chat to anyone with acute depression who could help me by sharing their experiencesHi i really want to chat to anyone with acute

A

Anig

Hi i really want to chat to anyone with acute depression who could help me by sharing their experiences

R

Rizzano

I have dealt with depression for 34 years. Off and on. Lately it's getting worse. I find when I am depressed and nothing helps, that talking to my dad who passed in 2018 helps a little. He doesn't respond, obviously, but I know he looks in on me from time to time. I once had a dream where he gave me a big hug, and i woke up happy. Last night though, I was feeling on the verge of a break and I called crisis team and talked for a bit and got some resources. Having a significant other that is understanding helps too.

A

Anig

Thank you for sharing.
I have just recently crashed again for the fifth time- seems to be every 3 years.
My gp suggested lowering my Prozac earlier in the year and then i had alot of stress.
I feel my head is torturing me.
I cant be bothered to even look after myself.
Ive only been on the increased dose 4 wks im hoping it helps soon because im at the end of my tether

R

Rizzano

I have crashed twice in the last 16 years. One was a result of a medication not working anymore, and the other was undiagnosed BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and deep-seated anger. I haven't crashed but have felt close to needing a break. I can't speak about Prozac as I don't take it, but I do think the med I am on for depression isn't doing anything to help.

I have been known to go a full on month before showering, which drives my wife nuts. But that's not just attributed to depression. I was molested in the shower when I was 3.

This place can help. There are people here with some similar situations and experiences, some life experience that can help. All I can do is listen, but I am here for that.

S

StillDepressed

I'm 37, I've had medication resistant depression diagnosed at 21, but expected to have had it all my life and it had a major impact on my life since a life changing moment when I was 11

As Anti-depressants have never shown any sign of working I'm no longer on any. I am on Lithium which at least prevents me crashes into another crisis point. I'm also on Propranolol to manage the symptoms of Anxiety and Panic.

I've dropped into crisis when I was 18, 21 , 31, 35 and again dropped at the beginning of this year but being held up by Lithium avoided crisis point. Currently above crisis point, but not by much and everything is a struggle

Even if I don't drop into crisis, it is a never ending cycle where the ups are "meh" and the downs will always come

C

Chainy

Thank you for sharing.
I have just recently crashed again for the fifth time- seems to be every 3 years.
My gp suggested lowering my Prozac earlier in the year and then i had alot of stress.
I feel my head is torturing me.
I cant be bothered to even look after myself.
Ive only been on the increased dose 4 wks im hoping it helps soon because im at the end of my tether
My lovely, I feel for you. Totally been there, well am there honestly. Realise this is just advice from another sufferer but this is the best council I had. You don’t need to worry about the housework, or cleaning your teeth, just sleep as much as you can and allow yourself some time, then you will slowly come back. Keep talking to us and I’m sure you will find the council you need 💜

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Anig, welcome to the forum.

B

Bod

Former member
hello and welcome to the forum, i do hope that you will find it helpful here as everyone is very caring.

Karmaman

Karmaman

Hello Anig...Sorry to hear your struggling...I've been dealing with depression and anxiety most of my life. I've been on most of the meds including Prozac.
Has your doctor not referred you to the hospital? Maybe you could contact your local Mind.
I've dealing with a lot myself...Don't be too hard on yourself

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Hello, and welcome!

I've had consistent depression for at least 10+ years, which I've finally worked out has been caused by chronic anxiety and cPTSD since age 4, and also BPD.

No antidepressants do much for me, so I guess I'm treatment resistant. Except I suspect this is more due to the depression not actually being the primary problem. Anxiety is, which antidepressants aren't so good for.

J

JanetSherlockNichols

Hi, I'm Jane. I was diagnosed depression last year. But I have had depression for about four years. I was abused by classmates when I was young. My parents are really caring. Would like to chat with you further on this topic!