Hi I need some help with relationship anxiety

Joethebaker

Joethebaker

I've been with my fiancé for a year now and known her for 12 years, I'm always so anxious about everything, I overthink all the time and it's always for no reason, she's only ever been with her ex and myself, never cheated, honest, open and I find myself having issues that's messing things up, any advice is welcome, thanks

O

OCDguy

I am guessing the anxiety comes from your own insecurities and possibly past experiences. Talking in my opinion should yield a better understanding of each other :)

Joethebaker

Joethebaker

I am guessing the anxiety comes from your own insecurities and possibly past experiences. Talking in my opinion should yield a better understanding of each other :)
Yeah it's from me being insecure but I don't know how to get past it? I've spoken to her about things but she doesn't really understand

O

OCDguy

I am guessing her lack of understanding isn't giving you re-assurance/re-building your confidence. Sometimes asking questions from different angles can get past this, but try not to dwell on this as it could become tiresome over a period of time for your fiancé...

Joethebaker

Joethebaker

I am guessing her lack of understanding isn't giving you re-assurance/re-building your confidence. Sometimes asking questions from different angles can get past this, but try not to dwell on this as it could become tiresome over a period of time for your fiancé...
Yeah it's hard if she doesn't understand, I don't go on at her about it too much though, I'm usually a confident person, how can I re-build my confidence?

O

OCDguy

Takes time probably... I'd like to think people take marriage etc. seriously, so perhaps that's a clear indication of how strong your relationship is ;) Other than that talk, share, enjoy :)