• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi I need help please

P

PhantomLightning

Dear friends, although I am new here...I would like to share my experiences so that we can learn something from each other.
I have been suffering from general anxiety for very long years. Some 30 years ago or so....During this time I suffered very much and lately have been suffering even more!!! Obviously it's been very hard to cope with all of this and other issues which normally arises from time to time.
My greatest concern are the physical symptoms that I feel. Have been to many different doctors about different problems. I have been through cancer which luckily enough I survived and have no issues from it. I had irregular heart rythm which resulted in Atrial Fibrillation which I have done a Heart Ablation which was very successful last July. Before these ailments I was still always excited and nowadays....even worse. My latest concern are heart palpitations. I can feel my heart beat pounding in my chest and neck when I lie down to sleep. As soon as I wake up again....opps there we go again my heart is pounding again. Horrible feeling....Went to doctor, done ECGs and blood work, everthing normal, he told me its your anxiety!!
My automatic question. Have somebody ever experienced these symptoms?
It will be so nice to hear that you are not alone....Thanks

I

itsembarrassing

:flowers: hi new friend, welcome!
you’re never alone! we’re here for you
I hope you find those who relate. all of us go through our individual paths but have many similarities and thats why this forum can be so comforting.
sending well wishes your way!

P

PhantomLightning

Thanks for your kind interest. It is so bad sometimes. How come anxiety/depression make you feel like this....thanks

I

itsembarrassing

Thanks for your kind interest. It is so bad sometimes. How come anxiety/depression make you feel like this....thanks
I completely understand. physical symptoms were the reasons why I ended up getting help because thats when those around me finally started to take me seriously. and the way you describe trying to fall asleep os something I struggle with... I can feel all of it in my body. meditation has helped me a bit with not focusing my attention on it but obviously it hasn’t fixed anything. there are many different threads in this forum that you can explore too! you may be able to find more who relate in those. reading through other postings helps me feel less alone :hug1:

P

PhantomLightning

Lately I am doing some breathing exercises. They do help but not that much!!
Many thanks

Z

Zombie333

I know this is controversial, but considering you have had major health issues in the past (glad you are doing well now :)), do you know if you can acquire CBD oil legally in Malta at a reasonable cost with a prescription? It significantly helps with anxiety attacks, and doesn't get you goofy. Other than that, I would say maybe just work on reaching out to people on here even just to talk about it. It's so hard, keeping all the things bottled up that cause us internal pain and mental stress; worrying far more than is healthy. Maybe just keep reaching out (as mentioned above), and we will reach back. Maybe going for long walks, having a hot bath,... Yoga (I really should practice what I preach regarding yoga).

P

PhantomLightning

Hi good morning!! Thanks for your kind interest. May I kindly ask what's CBD oil please? By the way, last night I felt terrible again. Could not sleep. My heart was pounding so much and my legs were restless. I saw many doctors whom they can find nothing wrong......

Z

Zombie333

I'm Canadian, and thank goodness it's now legal here. Cannabidiol oil. But I think the laws in Malta are pretty strict. I used to be so against anything Cannabis when I was growing up, and I still am to an extent, because at the end of the day, a person needs to deal with the underlying issues of their mental anguish rather than smoke marijuana (smoking is bad for you - and too much makes you stupid). CBD however is the following: "CBD is the abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of the many cannabinoids, or chemical compounds, found in marijuana and hemp. You're probably already familiar with THC, which is another compound found in the cannabis plant. But unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. In other words, it's not what gets you stoned" that was taken from a website. So for me, CBD oil relaxes me when I feel like I am about to have a panic attack. There are no bad side effects, it merely calms me down. It does not slow your cognition, or make you feel silly. It's hard to mentally get yourself to calm down when you are in the grips of anxiety, however it is possible to talk yourself through it.. and acceptance (I had to accept my panic attacks) does also help in time. But CBD oil helps me I must say. Again however, I believe Malta's laws are rather different. So... Chamomile tea, licorice tea, mint tea. They help me as well. And just keep coming on here and chatting. That will help too. Everyone on here has been so kind and helpful.

P

PhantomLightning

Thanks for your reply. Yes of course you are right. What you mentioned is illegal over here. However I heard that the authorities are discussing to amend the law about this particular thing. It is so nice to know that there are other people ready to hear you👍Thanks

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
Hi PhantomLightning, my anxiety causes palpitations for me. It is interesting because when I did actually have myocarditis (caused by an antipsychotic medication), I continued to believe it was just anxiety. My heart pounds away from anxiety before I even have any other symptoms of an anxiety attack.
I don't know where you stand on alternative medicine but have you tried therapies like essential oils? I use lavender oil like it's going out of fashion and I find it works well for my milder anxiety attacks.

P

PhantomLightning

Hi thanks for your reply. Looks as it is a very similar situation as I was on Paxil (Paroxitin) and caused my ECG to show a Brugada pattern. So my doctor immediately stopped me from taking them. Now I am on Xanax but it seems that they does not do the job sufficiently. However I never used Essential Oils. I try to work on them. Breathing exercises helped a bit but does not do miracles. Thanks for your advice. So nice to hear that I am not alone!!😓