• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi - I Am New Today

L

Lorraine8

Founding Member
Hi

That makes sense, I have been doing the same - my bedroom was a mess yesterday, so sat on the floor and counted the things I put away in my drawer, the more I did the more I wanted to do. Do you ever feel helpless and though no one understands what you are going through? Its like a black cloud hanging over your head constantly.

Thanks for your advice - appreciated.

Lorraine x

D

Dollit

Quite a big and heavy cloud that pushes your head down into your neck. It makes a dark shadow over everything, follows you around whilst the rest of the world seems to have patches of sunshine. Do I get those times - in bucket loads. My consultant always tells me that I have to tell myself, whether I believe it or not, that I've survived in a crisis before and I will again. He's always right of course. Keep taking little steps and you will be surprised at how much ground you can actually cover. :hug:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
YEah that petty much sums up me.... I have been very low for about the last 6 weeks now and just not picking up. Chase the counselling people though it ll be worth it. Although i am having a rough ride a t the min and am waiting to see a diff person I am still sing some of the stuff I did with counsellor. The writing a list and breakin a big task into a small task :flowers:

Yellowcoaching

Yellowcoaching

Founding Member
All makes sense. You have to find the things that motivate and excite you. If you know what they are you can use them to get closer and closer to your ideal life.

can a mod answer a quick question pls? I have articles and advice tips on my site is it ok to post a link?

Last edited:
L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Hi Lorraine

Hi Lorraine
welcome to the forum, hope it helps get you smiling and laughing again!

Hope you managed to meet your friend for lunch- its often good to see friends. Well done for still trying!

Louise.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey Lorraine, glad to see you made it to MHF

:welcome:

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Alot of knowledgable people here. Perhaps things are not as lost as they may seem. You recognize the issues, accept them as issues and are seeking to change them. This step may not take you over the hill, but it is a good start. Trust me, listening to the people here and finding a place where you dont have to feel paranoia and supressed can help the struggle.

Bedding is overrated. Sometimes its comfty to curl up under the matress.

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hi Lorraine and a big :welcome:

first of all well done taking the first step and for posting here.

Nobody will judge you here but give you advice and help anf lots of support....

Jibbz xx