• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Hi. I am new to this

• Thread starter pink.and.fluffy
  • Start date
P

pink.and.fluffy

Hi everyone

My name is Anna. I am currently in a low secure mental health hospital. I have EUPD, PTSD, FID, Anxiety and Depression. I have joined the forum so that I can talk to people that suffer with mental illness and to make new friends as hospital is a very lonely place sometimes. Feel free to message me or reply to my thread.

J

Jules5

Hi Anna What is EUPD and FID?

You are in a safe secure environment-scarey and lonely I know. The first mental hospital I was in I was not allowed to talk or see my family for a week-I was afraid they were kidnapping me. I have BiPolar with sever psychosis-fun.

How long do you have to stay in hospital for? You are not alone. Talk soon.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
You should find this place friendly and supportive.
Hugs
Fox

L

Liz

Hi ,am in similar situation to you. It's lonely isn't it?. I pines also to make friends who are in similar situation as I have become isolated from people and only see mental health team.

P

pink.and.fluffy

Hi Anna What is EUPD and FID?

You are in a safe secure environment-scarey and lonely I know. The first mental hospital I was in I was not allowed to talk or see my family for a week-I was afraid they were kidnapping me. I have BiPolar with sever psychosis-fun.

How long do you have to stay in hospital for? You are not alone. Talk soon.
Hi

EUPD is emotionally unstable personality disorder and FID is factitious induced disorder.

I have been in this hospital for 4 and a half years but I was in medium secure for 3 and a half years previously so I have been in services a long time

P

pink.and.fluffy

Hi ,am in similar situation to you. It's lonely isn't it?. I pines also to make friends who are in similar situation as I have become isolated from people and only see mental health team.
Hi

Thanks for replying. Yes it is very lonely and isolating. Feel free to chat to me whenever you want

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @anna.wade and :welcome: to the forum.

You are not alone. I do live with my family but I don’t go anywhere. Loneliness when you don’t have someone to understand your struggles.
What’s your daily activities there?
Can you share your experiences with us? It’s interesting to know.

Feel completely comfortable and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or you need someone to talk to.

I wish you the best. 🌺

P

pink.and.fluffy

Hi @anna.wade and :welcome: to the forum.

You are not alone. I do live with my family but I don’t go anywhere. Loneliness when you don’t have someone to understand your struggles.
What’s your daily activities there?
Can you share your experiences with us? It’s interesting to know.

Feel completely comfortable and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or you need someone to talk to.

I wish you the best. 🌺

Hi.

There isn't a lot of daily activities that go on here, it is very boring. I do some arts and crafts and I spend a lot of the time reading or writing a diary as it helps to get things out. I have psychology sessions once a week and I have leave to go out and about a couple of times a week.

I was in medium secure before I came to low and that was very different but still very lonely. Its strange really cos I am around people 24/7 but I still feel all alone.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi.

There isn't a lot of daily activities that go on here, it is very boring. I do some arts and crafts and I spend a lot of the time reading or writing a diary as it helps to get things out. I have psychology sessions once a week and I have leave to go out and about a couple of times a week.

I was in medium secure before I came to low and that was very different but still very lonely. Its strange really cos I am around people 24/7 but I still feel all alone.
Hi and thank for answering me.

I thought they would have some sport activities or a gym to exercise. That sucks 😐
I hope it won’t be too long before you leave for good. They need to include some kind of workshops because one of the causes of depression is loneliness and not being active.
What do you read there?

P

pink.and.fluffy

Hi and thank for answering me.

I thought they would have some sport activities or a gym to exercise. That sucks 😐
I hope it won’t be too long before you leave for good. They need to include some kind of workshops because one of the causes of depression is loneliness and not being active.
What do you read there?
Hi

I read all sorts. Novels and true life are my favourites. The true life are depressing in places but they always have a good ending and I can relate to them in some ways as I have been through some of the things that the people in them have.

They do have a gym here but it only has 3 machines in and they are crap and we have to wait until the staff are free to take us down which isn't always possible

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi

I read all sorts. Novels and true life are my favourites. The true life are depressing in places but they always have a good ending and I can relate to them in some ways as I have been through some of the things that the people in them have.

They do have a gym here but it only has 3 machines in and they are crap and we have to wait until the staff are free to take us down which isn't always possible
Reading is good especially if you like it. I am so depressed I don’t think I can read anything sad 🙂 even though I feel emotionless these days due to taking medication.

You must be very strong. I get frustrated quickly with routines but this winter has been extremely cold with temperatures of 34 below zero and snow storms. I can’t go anywhere.
Can’t wait till spring and summer.

Do you internet access 24/7? Is it restricted?
Sorry if I am bothering you with all these questions.

P

pink.and.fluffy

Hiya.

You are not bothering me at all, ask as much as you like! In regards to internet access I get 30 mins every day which isn't a lot and we have to wait until the staff can take us down to the computer room which isn't always possible.

I am not a very strong person but the books always have a happy ending. Sorry to hear that you are so depressed I know exactly how you feel, I am actually doing ok at the moment.

I have ward round tomorrow which is where I meet with my dr, psychologist and social worker as well as my named nurse so I am a bit nervous about that.

Hope you have a good day and stay warm

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hiya.

You are not bothering me at all, ask as much as you like! In regards to internet access I get 30 mins every day which isn't a lot and we have to wait until the staff can take us down to the computer room which isn't always possible.

I am not a very strong person but the books always have a happy ending. Sorry to hear that you are so depressed I know exactly how you feel, I am actually doing ok at the moment.

I have ward round tomorrow which is where I meet with my dr, psychologist and social worker as well as my named nurse so I am a bit nervous about that.

Hope you have a good day and stay warm
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your generosity.

30 minutes of internet is very very limited and short. But it’s better than nothing.

I hope your appointments are going to be easy. Don’t be nervous my friend. You are doing your best.

I am happy to hear that you are doing ok. Always keep positive thoughts that you are getting better.

Let us know how your ward round went if you don’t mind.

Take care and talk to you soon 🌺

P

pink.and.fluffy

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your generosity.

30 minutes of internet is very very limited and short. But it’s better than nothing.

I hope your appointments are going to be easy. Don’t be nervous my friend. You are doing your best.

I am happy to hear that you are doing ok. Always keep positive thoughts that you are getting better.

Let us know how your ward round went if you don’t mind.

Take care and talk to you soon 🌺

Hi.

Ward round went on, I got some more leave with my family and got all my things back in my room. The psychologist tried to take over the whole meeting though and tried to influence the Dr's decisions, I think I would of got more if he was not there but I can try again in 4 weeks time for the other things that I wanted out of the meeting.

I have psychology tomorrow morning and I am doing schema work which is very overwhelming and a lot to take in but I feel as though I benefit from the weekly sessions.

How are you doing now, hope you are feeling a little better

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi.

Ward round went on, I got some more leave with my family and got all my things back in my room. The psychologist tried to take over the whole meeting though and tried to influence the Dr's decisions, I think I would of got more if he was not there but I can try again in 4 weeks time for the other things that I wanted out of the meeting.

I have psychology tomorrow morning and I am doing schema work which is very overwhelming and a lot to take in but I feel as though I benefit from the weekly sessions.

How are you doing now, hope you are feeling a little better
Hi,

Sounds like things are taking a better turn. Improvements are always welcome. It won’t be too long before you are out and fully recovering. It might not go fast but eventually you’ll be out and enjoying your life.

As for me, I am doing better and my mental health is improving day by day. Thanks for asking🙂. I changed my way of thinking and try to be positive all the time. This has helped me more than I thought when I first started.

Our thoughts and things way say have an effect on our health and surroundings. It’s scientifically proven. You should give it a try.

Thank you so much for asking and I hope this whole thing will be easier and fast for you.

Take care of yourself and I wish you the best.
Talk to you soon 🌺

camrosescott

camrosescott

We can be lonely in a crowded room fluffy. I agree with those that have said reading is an escape from it all. I've never been hospitalised so I dont really know how you're feeling but if you want to talk to someone I'm here for you.

P

pink.and.fluffy

We can be lonely in a crowded room fluffy. I agree with those that have said reading is an escape from it all. I've never been hospitalised so I dont really know how you're feeling but if you want to talk to someone I'm here for you.
Hi

thanks for the reply, I will talk with most people and I really appreciate the messages that I get as I know there are people out there that I can talk to and that can relate to my and my issues. I have found some lovely supportive people on here which is great.

I hope you are well, talk soon