• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi I am claire diagnosed with pstd was on a crossing in September when green Man was on cars stopped then a car came speeding through taking me out

T

Tae85

Hi I am claire diagnosed with pstd was on a crossing in September when green Man was on cars stopped then a car came speeding through taking me out I nearly lost my life. Now I struggle with going across RDS anxiety worry has anyone else been through anything like this

T

Tae85

:welcome: i'm sorry that happened to you, i hope the driver got punished for it :hug1:
He admitted liability but don't know what has happened to him. I'm having therapy at the minute CBT as I am struggling sleeping flashbacks anxiety etc

I

itsmeagain

Hi I am claire diagnosed with pstd was on a crossing in September when green Man was on cars stopped then a car came speeding through taking me out I nearly lost my life. Now I struggle with going across RDS anxiety worry has anyone else been through anything like this
I wish you peace and healing Claire. ❤

Wishbone

Wishbone

Well, I have been ran over before, but not nearly as badly as you were by the sounds of things. I can't speak for PTSD as that's not my area experience-wise but I can give an opinion or a thought or two.
How many times in your life did you cross the road without issue? Probably thousands. One incident, no matter how bad, should not stop you from navigating them as you always did before. I know that's easier said than done, but you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and an a-hole driver that obviously wasn't paying attention managed to be there at the wrong time for all concerned too. This is very unlikely to ever happen again, even less so now with how cautious you would be in future. You can do things to take control of your thoughts, like your CBT, but ultimately I think it's a case of reminding yourself of how rare an event like this is in the grand scheme of things. I know I'm not much use here but at least you now know one other person that's been ran over and has managed to get on with things okay. In time you'll do the same too I hope. Good luck with the CBT and I hope you manage to get these things out of your head before long.

T

Tae85

flash backs are sometimes bad in the night to