Hi I’m here to hopefully find support from people who understand clinical depression and anxiety

L

Lolly844

Hi I’m here to hopefully find support from people who understand clinical depression and anxiety

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
I have depression and anxiety and many more probs.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

J

Jules5

Where do I start and what would you like to know? I stay in bed on and off through the day just taking simple steps right now to get my housework done. I do not have a job as it would be too difficult for me right now. I am on medications for anxiety and has helped but I still have gagging reflex when I feel uncertain-so anxiety never really goes away. The depression is constant in my life right now. I have had no luck in finding a "happy pill," to fix this one.

I believe it has to do with our state of mind and how far we withdraw from others when it comes to depression. I get invited out but with the anxiety I usually am a no show.

Hope this helps some.

L

Lolly844

I know there’s reasons why I may have had a set back such as my mum dying I’m going through a divorce, not sad about the divorce it was my choice but some days it’s like I feel nothing I’m just numb, everyone says you have to get out go a walk do this do that they don’t understand I can barely get out my bed

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Lolly,
I spent years in bed, so know how hard it is. Have you seen your dr recently?
Try doing little tasks each day then building up, here for you. Sorry for your loss.
Take care

L

Lolly844

I have yeah she’s lovely she gave me diazepam for a couple of days to take the edge off as it got quite bad, I feel like I’m lettineveryone downy younger sister my kids, I get up and do what I need to do as a mother of it wasn’t for them I never would do anything and without them I’d be lost but sometimes it’s just all too much and I get irritated easily I keep trying to remember what I learnt in cbt therapy but some days is just to much, I don’t want to feel like this anymore and I want the motivation to get up and sort things but I don’t know how??

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Lolly,
Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?
Sometimes people need a combination of drugs, I changed my outlook while in hospital.
Lots of people improve, keep hope.
Hope you feel better soon
Take care

L

Lolly844

I had seen a therapist yeah and it helped but unfortunately the Nhs as brilliant as it is has a very long waiting list

megirl

megirl

Hi there and welcome
You are going through a lot.
The loss of your Mum thats huge.
I lost my beloved dad almost 10 years ago now, it still feels like yesterday,the pain does go and you learn to live with it. I believe it leaves a part of a hole in your heart.
Also the divorce thats a huge process to work through,
Its all a grieving process. Give yourself a bit of slack,be kind to yourself. You are going through 2 of the hardest things to deal with in life.
Medication for me got my mood to a manageable level it can take a while to get the right type that works for you.
Do try and be kind to yourself,

Its great you have joined the forum, a great place of support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 6
LouisaMogs Introduce Yourself 4
P Introduce Yourself 5
A Introduce Yourself 5
K Introduce Yourself 22