• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi Hello Howdy Yo 'Sup !

Marcy_Cakes

Marcy_Cakes

Hi, am new to this forum and feeling a bit out of touch with people. Haven't left my house very much for the last few months and am wondering if anyone else has lost the ability to socialize? Been wandering around in pajamas, working from home etc. talking to my animals and my bf. trying to stay positive but sometimes I break down and weep. Feel like I am slowly losing touch with reality.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Warm welcome to you, Marcy_Cakes :welcome:

I have also gone fully bananas in pyjamas...but there are fabulous folk here and you can make friends and mingle without a mask or social distancing!

Really glad you found us and look forward to chatting to you!

Marcy_Cakes

Marcy_Cakes

Ty for replying! I was a bit anxious to even post here but ty. It's good to know there are nice people in this world. <3 I appreciate your kindness :)

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi and welcome Mary :welcome:

I also have periods where I isolate myself from the world. I guess it's part of being depressed, but I think everyone needs some time away from everything sometimes.

LizBo

LizBo

Hi, am new to this forum and feeling a bit out of touch with people. Haven't left my house very much for the last few months and am wondering if anyone else has lost the ability to socialize? Been wandering around in pajamas, working from home etc. talking to my animals and my bf. trying to stay positive but sometimes I break down and weep. Feel like I am slowly losing touch with reality.
:peace: Hi and welcome Marcy;

It's great you've reached out as it can take courage to post for the first time, so well done!

Yes, this time is affecting all of us in one way or another. Not leaving the house seems to be a nasty side effect of the current social/political climate.

Are you getting lots of sunshine on your skin and in your eyes? (vitamin D, plus our eyes send signals to the brain when sunlight isn't getting in) If not it can have a negative effect on mood and coping; like symptoms of a seasonal anxiety disorder (SAD) caused by long periods of cold/clouds in Winter.

The result can affect hormones which may be a reason you're crying now and then. You obviously have support from your bf and work would be keeping you busy. It might be nice for you both to explore a park, zoo, lake or go for a drive into the country for a picnic.

I have a back deck on my home which catches the afternoon sun (it's Winter here in Oz) so I have access to sunshine without having to go anywhere.

I hope this helps to ease your worries.

Kind thoughts;
Liz

Marcy_Cakes

Marcy_Cakes

Thank you, Liz! I am an agoraphobic and was getting better before this, slowly becoming more social. This threw me off course. Sadly, being isolated is 2nd nature to me but at least was getting to the point where I could chat with a random person and not make it weird lol. The past few weeks killed my progress but from the bottom of my heart, ty for replying. Means so much and has lifted my mood :) So many lovely people here, so glad I joined! Best wishes!

LizBo

LizBo

You're so welcome @Marcy_Cakes :hug5:

I'm glad you have positive expectations of members and the forum. If you're not sure of something, ask away. I or others will be happy to help out.

Just one thing; letting people know you've replied to them helps to keep conversations going. If you wave the curser across the 'thumbs up' icon it'll give options to press so people will be notified. The other option is usernames. (Type @ then their name, and a drop-down menu will appear with a list to choose from) Hope this helps...

Take care lovely girl;
Liz x

S

sadgirl

Hi marcy cakes and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can