• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi, had my diagnosis revised to cyclothymia

T

TheRedStar

Hi everyone,

So... a little about myself. I'm male, 31, and live in a little town not too far from Heathrow Airport. I currently work part-time in a bookshop, but next month I'm starting university full-time.

As to why I'm here... I've had mental health problems since I was 16, and up until this year I've been treated for depression. However, a few months ago I had my diagnosis revised to cyclothymia, which I'd never even heard of before. It's a softer version of bipolar disorder. I also have long-term issues with the way I look and have had several therapists mention BDD, although I've never had it formally diagnosed by a doctor.

Anyway, I'll keep it short and finish up here. Hope to get to know you all better in the future.

bluenomore

bluenomore

:welcome: to the forum

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too and found everyone to be very friendly.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. I am liking the avatar, by the way. (y)

T

TheRedStar

Thanks for your replies everyone :)

Heh, glad you like the avatar GrizzlyBear :D I take it you're another fan of The Science of Sleep then? I only saw it for the first time a couple of months ago but thought it was wonderful. I love Michel Gondry's work... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is another one of my favourite films.