Hi from Scotland

M

MallorcaRocks

Hi... uhhhh, lord knows what I type in here. :)

I'm from Scotland, recently returned from Spain where I worked in Palma (hence the username; no I'm not Spanish, unfortunately) from March to September 2015.

Feeling not too good at the moment. Returning to this crappy (can I say crappy?) weather is a bit of a culture shock after basking in the med for a summer.

I did have my hopes and dreams resting on joining the military (Royal Navy) and was so close (literally, months!) to receiving my start date for Basic Training at HMS Raleigh after working so hard with training and going through medical and fitness exams and panel interviews, but after I did something very, very, very stupid when I was 19 (I'm 23 now) all that went up in smoke!

I've been diagnosed with depression and a 'preliminary' diagnosis of Bipolar, but the latter is hotly disputed by myself, my family and various GPs and psychiatrists I have seen. The fact that no one seems to want to bite the bullet and 'confirm' this diagnosis to me speaks volumes, I think!

Anyway, I should stop writing now as I seem to be rambling. :)

Unique1

Unique1

Hiya and :welcome:

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

I can imagine it's a shock to the system returning to the cold too.

Hope things improve for you, and I'm glad you foUnd us here :)

Unique xx

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

:welcome: Mallorca, I'm sorry the military doesn't seem to be working out for you. I hope you do find something you love that you can do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 4