Hi First time posting, shyness & blushing is taking over my life

J

Joyce

I’ve been shy most of my life , from around 15 I’m now 42. Whenever I’m around people I don’t know I just need to be asked a question and I blush , it’s held me back at lots of things throughout my life.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. That must be really difficult to deal with. Has any doctor come up with any reason it happens to you? It sounds physical as well as emotional to me, but hey I'm no expert. Have you ever had any therapy to try to sort out the emotional side of this? I would recommend it - not necessarily CBT but other therapies.

R

Ramson bangers

Hello Joyce,
No one can help when they feel uncomfortable. Just try to acknowledge when your uncomfortable in social situations and remember the other person has emotion, fears, the same stuff. but there are other concepts also to remember, kindness, love. These things are being projected also. There are plenty of people who can make you comfortable enough to express yourself.
I would recommend pushing yourself or exploring a place where you feel comfortable. Not any place where you are encouraged not to be yourself. You gotta be in the company of people who understand you and if you gotta split or need some time for yourself.
There are great personalities i've met in a short time. I hope you can overcome this and maybe make some good friends along the way.
Lastly not everyone is gunna ask you a question thats worth answering. If it means you feel judged or is too personal then you dont have to answer anyway. Get to know me first kind of attitude. You will meet some cool people. Best of luck.