• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi Everyone

P

Phil

Founding Member
Hope your'e well, or as well as can be expected, my name is Phil I'm diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, I've spent over 17 years in various institutions/hospitals and I'm currently an out patient (thank God) I'm 57 years old (ancient) and live at home with my wife, weve been married for about 40 years. I take chlorpromazine and aripiprazole to help stabalise my condition and I make Digital Artwork on my computer, as a sort of 'creative excersize' to help focus my Mind and counter the negativity. I'm lucky in that I have no probem with my local Mental Health Service, I guess because I'm a long termer, they dont mess with my medication and just leave me in peace which suits me. A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone, if your'e alone and skint this Christmas, keep your chin up, it only lasts a couple of days and it's over with.
Phil

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi Phil welcome to the boards. Good to see you're coping and keeping occupied. Merry Christmas to you too.

Dave

mischief

mischief

Admin
Welcome Phil :welcome:

I make Digital Artwork on my computer, as a sort of 'creative excersize' to help focus my Mind and counter the negativity.
What sort of digital artwork do you make? (y)

P

Phil

Founding Member
Welcome Phil :welcome:

What sort of digital artwork do you make? (y)
I make 'Surreal' stuff a bit like Salvadore Dali only on the subject of mental health, wanna see some ? go to 'voices Forum' click on the Personal pages,
I'm Phil Lancaster, there's some of my Artwork, pity there isnt a place here where we can put our Artwork/Poetry etc.
Phil

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi Phil

pity there isnt a place here where we can put our Artwork/Poetry etc.
Phil
You are more than welcome to put them up in the Chill Out Cafe.
You can add attachments to your posts by scrolling down to where it says 'attach files'. It would be really great to see them become part of this forum!

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey Phil, :welcome: on board...

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome:

Good on ya for being creative it sure does sound sound as if it's helping you :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi Phil

How's thing's going ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 18
R Introduce Yourself 6
G Introduce Yourself 4
N Introduce Yourself 5
S Introduce Yourself 4