• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi everyone

R

RayHendrix

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I am new here and have a question, and as I don´t know where to ask I will do it right here in the introduction section. I hope my English will be good enough to explain correctly and I will try to keep it short 😉

First of, I have been seeing a psychiatrist for about two months now and I am taking Sertralin.

So, sometimes I see images that get stuck in my head and make me feel weird. In most cases I just feel kinda weird as long as I see it and then it´s fine again (like Trypophobia). But sometimes images get really stuck in my head and make me go kinda crazy. My skin gets itchy, I can´t focus, overreact or get irritated easily (e.g. misophonia gets worse…) and feel like I am losing my mind.

Yesterday I was for a walk and saw something that triggered all that stuff. In the evening that picture wouldn´t leave my mind and I couldn´t watch any videos as the sounds and images made it worse so I just lay in bed and tried to relax until I fell asleep. It´s better today (although writing about it makes my skin get itchy again) so it wasn´t that bad but sometimes these things can last for few days until I feel normal again. These extreme cases don´t happen very often though.

It kinda reminds me on ergine or psilocybin in that sense that things seem more intensive and that it messes with my mind.

I asked my psychiatrist about it today and I said that I think that Sertralin is making it worse, but all she said was “it should get better”. I don´t think she really read my email carefully. So I thought maybe one of you knows what that is or how to deal with it and has/had the same problem.

A friend of mine thinks it could be OCD (in this case obsessive thoughts I guess) but I am not sure, as people with it seem to suffer way more than me. It gets really bad like maybe once a year and “bad” once or twice a month. It´s not destroying my live but it´s still really annoying, uncomfortable and I would like it to stop or at least want to know what that is or what causes it.

Also, I have had that way before ever trying drugs (I stopped), drinking or taking medication. So it´s not caused by any of those.

Thank you for any help or answers and enjoy your day 😊

one light

one light

Hi welcome here, yes drugs and images in mind don't work together good... the itching could be the stress of actually writing about it here - anyway enjoy the company here, you'll meet new friends who will understand...

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi RayHendrix welcome to the forum :welcome:

one light

one light

While you're waiting for any more welcomes, let me just mention this, and it might well not apply to you - but you mentioned image stuck in your mind... Its just that I get messages in images from my spiritual support - they are on our side, giving guidance for our well being, when we take note that is...

Just the same IMO when people get hear musical hallucination as science calls it, and on the tinnitus websites, songs played in their head, again a message to listen, no always, but very possible, 'take note' something need to change in direction on life's path...

Also IMO 'exploding head syndrome, ive written about this only today on a spiritual forum again science has a name for it, and its not dangerous, ive had this as well recently, to get me to learn and explain it...

Also IMO when someone gets repetitive dreams - and i'm sure science will have a name for that as well - its a message to 'make a change' - I had 6 months of troubled dreams, until the day I was to write about 'what it means' solved my dream issue immediately many months ago...

Yes I'm psychic and I know things science doesn't - anyway have a good day/evening everyone, or at least the best as possible...

Anyone struggling now in a very dark place, 'get help - no giving up, its not the way - pick the phone up, speak to someone...

one light

one light

I'll also just add as the 'be fast' 5 mins timer has just run out... that any of the above can also apply when someone gets one or the other - just to accept we 'all' have Spirit Guides 'on our side' and to just simply say Hi - and just to accept this, I think that's everything, good luck anyone with any of these issues...

one light

one light

I think that's about it for welcomes Ray - I think I might of sidetracked a few people's thoughts with my messages - anyway I hope you fit in well on this forum, make some friends and learn and help others as we all try to do - anyway have a good day there in Austria and on this forum...

R

RayHendrix

I think that's about it for welcomes Ray - I think I might of sidetracked a few people's thoughts with my messages - anyway I hope you fit in well on this forum, make some friends and learn and help others as we all try to do - anyway have a good day there in Austria and on this forum...
Well my question is long and weird and people might have bigger problems right now :)) It´s not that terrible and maybe one day I will find my answers or even can get rid oft it ;)
And I sure hope I will fit in and will try to help where I can but I am afraid I don´t have much expiereince to over. Nevertheless I will try.

Thank you for your answers and enjoy your day! :)

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Wellcome, I've same problems, connected with psychosis but it's more on social program. I've psychosis on some politicians and I'm very afraid of teenage people. I can say I'm not able to go out.

R

RayHendrix

Wellcome, I've same problems, connected with psychosis but it's more on social program. I've psychosis on some politicians and I'm very afraid of teenage people. I can say I'm not able to go out.
Hm that sounds terrible. For me it´s ok as i can avoid "triggers" most of the time. As soon as i realise I feel weird seeing something i just look away or turn of the tv etc. In trains I just choose another seat if I see some dirt or stuff that I dislike... you get the point. But sometimes that doesn´t work, for example if I am with other people and i can´t just go away... most of the times these are the cases where it gets bad. Once a friend just posted a photo into a group and I couldn´t get that pic out of my head for 3 day and was driving me crazy. I got angry and stuff... really weird haha
Although I am afraid of this things happening, I am not afraid of the objects etc itself and I can live normally most of the time.

Are you in therapy? Or getting any form of help?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Hm that sounds terrible. For me it´s ok as i can avoid "triggers" most of the time. As soon as i realise I feel weird seeing something i just look away or turn of the tv etc. In trains I just choose another seat if I see some dirt or stuff that I dislike... you get the point. But sometimes that doesn´t work, for example if I am with other people and i can´t just go away... most of the times these are the cases where it gets bad. Once a friend just posted a photo into a group and I couldn´t get that pic out of my head for 3 day and was driving me crazy. I got angry and stuff... really weird haha
Although I am afraid of this things happening, I am not afraid of the objects etc itself and I can live normally most of the time.

Are you in therapy? Or getting any form of help?
Yes I'm , there's a bit better but I don't read mainstream media, just those more intellectual, because mainstream media and politicians talk too emotional. Is the same in your country? Fortunately I don't have any social media.

R

RayHendrix

Yes I'm , there's a bit better but I don't read mainstream media, just those more intellectual, because mainstream media and politicians talk too emotional. Is the same in your country? Fortunately I don't have any social media.
I guess that´s true for pretty much every country. What to you like to read? Science? Linguistic stuff?