• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi everyone

M

matt

Call me Matt. I am a 47 year old male . My reason for joining is to learn more about all mental diseases and disorders. My interest in them comes from being depressed myself at one time and also at one time in my life living with a person
who is a probable Borderline.
My life was normal and happy until I met the BPD and became involved. I first experience and was diagnosed with Dysythmia at age 41. At age 45 it progressed to major depression.
It is refreshing to find a place where this can be discussed with people who understand first hand. My main goal is to reach out with understanding and try to get people to realize they may be ill , and if they are ill, to seek help and not be ashamed.
I will rough quote a doctor friend of mine " If you are in a car accident or have an illness such as cancer and you are in the hospital , Your friends and family understand and will come to see you and support you. If you have a disease of the mind , your friends and family will not understand and you my find yourself on your own to deal with it"

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hey Matt,

:welcome: to the forum

Intel
x

S

saffron

Hi Matt, and welcome.
I have found this sight very good and have found lots of answers from talking to people about it, i would not say I had a disease, as you put it, though, But I agree the more people are aware about the way people feel and think the better it would be. There just doesnt not seem to be enough education out there, whether media or grass root academia. once you know what you are looking for its easy, but you need to learn what to look for in the first place.
I believe and have advised people to not be embarrassed about yourself but be open and explain what or how people see things when inflicted with these state of minds.
Then friends ect will at least have a better understanding of you and hopefully be able to support you more.
S

jdoe123

jdoe123

Welcome

Hey Matt..

Did you get the book yet or just googled BPD? Hope this message finds you having a good day.

Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun

Hi Matt :welcome: to the forum :)

That quote is so true.Take care

M

matt

I have not gotten the book yet, we are moving to a new home this week , been to busy . My mother is the Director of our public Library here in town, I am going to ask her to get it for me. I have an interest in personality disorders , still trying to get them straight...meaning I really do not understand.... I do not want to be that way as I want to understand.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum!

It's a really special lace here and everyone is so supportive - I'm sure you will get the support you are after.

Take care and dive in when you are ready.

T

trainwreck

hey matt how goes it buddy ive been mental all my life ,meds , hos, theapy.you name it but i have still seen more than normal people, an its never borring so who is the madest . take care

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 18
R Introduce Yourself 6
G Introduce Yourself 4
N Introduce Yourself 5
S Introduce Yourself 4