Hi everyone.

S

Sula

Hello, I'm new to this site. I have just been signed off work and feel like such a failure. I am currently undergoing Lithium treatment, it's been going on since February, increasing in small amounts. I had a manic episode that lasted a few days fuelled by anxiety and family changes. I stopped drinking alcohol a year ago and was doing very well, recently I started drinking on a few occasions which led eventually to a huge crash. The medication side of things has been really difficult because I have spent years on drugs which made me worse and just want the Lithium to work. I was suicidal yesterday and realised that feeling has been lurking for weeks. It just escalated during a routine visit for blood testing and I had a meltdown. I am usually quite rational but just went to pieces and had to get my partner to collect me. I don't feel suicidal today but I just have no self esteem anymore. I wonder if anyone has had similar experience increasing Lithium dose. I find it hard now to tell when I'm not affected, just really sad and fed up. Any help appreciated. Thank you

J

Jules5

Welcome to the forum.. So sorry you are struggling right now. Things will work out you will get through this. Not sure about Lithum never been on it but I know medications do change the chemistry of our brain. Be sure to tell your gp about how you are feeling. lots of hugs and good wishes

S

Sula

Welcome to the forum.. So sorry you are struggling right now. Things will work out you will get through this. Not sure about Lithum never been on it but I know medications do change the chemistry of our brain. Be sure to tell your gp about how you are feeling. lots of hugs and good wishes
Thank you so much for these words of support. I actually had the peak of the episode in the GPs so was lucky go get emergency appt to speak to them. They know me very well and reassured me by saying "it will pass". I just feel weak and useless. Thank you so much

sudo

sudo

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

In new here too, I only joined yesterday but I really think it'll help to talk to people who feel similar and read about their experiences.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Introduce Yourself 12
F Introduce Yourself 8
T Introduce Yourself 12
C Introduce Yourself 6
sudo Introduce Yourself 4