Hi everyone!

sudo

sudo

Hey everyone,

I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself and now I've started typing this I'm not sure what to say....

I'm 30 years old and although new to this forum, I'm unfortunately not new to depression and anxiety. I suffered with it on and off throughout my 20's but never plucked up the courage to seek help. The worse it seemed to get the more stubborn I become to seek help, I thought I could fix it myself.

When I turned 30 I made a promise to myself, a new decade resolution if you will, to visit the Doctors and hopefully get onto a path of recovery, or at least control. After four or so months of being 30 and still not seeking help I hit an all time low and took an overdose, this resulted in a referral to my GP following release from hospital.

I was prescribed Setraline and have been taking them for around a month now and although initially I did feel more positive I had a real big crash on Sunday. I hope this is just part of their "settling in" period.

I've joined this forum to hopefully learn from people who are going through similar and share the experiences I have been through to hopefully help others.

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Introduce Yourself 8
T Introduce Yourself 12
C Introduce Yourself 6
S Introduce Yourself 7
MyNameIsUseless Introduce Yourself 6