Hi everyone

D

Dougie

Hello I'm new to this forum, I've been suffering from depression for a long time (25 years), for the most part I have coped with it but this last few months have been the worst I've felt. Thought I was dealing with it ok but it seems to have hit me hard again and it has been a struggle. Hopefully there are people on this forum who can provide support.

Thanks

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Dougie,
Welcome to the forum :welcome::hug:
Sorry to hear you suffer from depression.
What meds have you tried? Tried any therapies?
Take care

D

Dougie

Hi Mayflower7
I've tried various meds over the years, the last few years I've been taking Citalopram, not really sure if they help anymore though. I did have some counselling when I was first diagnosed with depression, that was a long time ago!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Meds is only part of the picture. It also helps to start changing our habits and responses that have maybe contributed to mhi. thats the flip side to meds i guess

Not easy but meds is not the panacea that mental health professionals always seem quick to extol. I am Talking anxiety and depression here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Mayflower7
I've tried various meds over the years, the last few years I've been taking Citalopram, not really sure if they help anymore though. I did have some counselling when I was first diagnosed with depression, that was a long time ago!
Hi Dougie,
Please do see your GP ASAP, hopefully they will do a med review and refer you for more extensive therapy like CBT or a longer course of counselling.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EmotionalPerplexity Introduce Yourself 5
G Introduce Yourself 2
R Introduce Yourself 6
S Introduce Yourself 12
F Introduce Yourself 8