• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi Everyone

M

MrsG

My name is Emma, I'm 30 years old and have battled with depression on and off for 13 years.
I was coping really well until I had the coil fitted 3 months ago and suddenly I'm closer to the edge than I ever have been. I've never had so many black thoughts, and I certainly never thought that the world would be better off without me... until recently.
I saw my GP this morning and now have an appointment to have it removed, and hope that this will at least relieve some of the problem, but hopefully hvaing people going through the same thing to talk to will help as well. My husband, friends and family really don't understand and can't help, even though they try sometimes they make me feel worse.
Looking forward to sharing this ordeal with you all, and hopefully I'll be able to offer support as well as gain it.
Emma

keepsafe

keepsafe

Welcome:welcome: to the forum

Hope you find that you can share your problems here and feel better for doing so.

KS

amathus

amathus

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, hope you
find some understanding and support here.

meteos.

E

Ellie's Mum

Hi Emma

My name is Emma, I'm 30 years old and have battled with depression on and off for 13 years.
I was coping really well until I had the coil fitted 3 months ago and suddenly I'm closer to the edge than I ever have been. I've never had so many black thoughts, and I certainly never thought that the world would be better off without me... until recently.
I saw my GP this morning and now have an appointment to have it removed, and hope that this will at least relieve some of the problem, but hopefully hvaing people going through the same thing to talk to will help as well. My husband, friends and family really don't understand and can't help, even though they try sometimes they make me feel worse.
Looking forward to sharing this ordeal with you all, and hopefully I'll be able to offer support as well as gain it.
Emma
Hi Emma

I'm new to this so not entirely sure how it works. I read your post and although I can't really offer you any guidance I felt I had to reply. I'm sorry that you feel so alone and I know exactly how you feel although just recently I've been feeling a lot more positive. I don't know about you, but does it make you feel guilty that you've got a loving family and still feel like this?!!? I have 3 beautiful children and a wonderful husband and very supportive parents. However, i still find it difficult to cope sometimes and feel like everything(kids, housework etc) is my responsibility and struggle to hold down a full time job. I hope it helps knowing that someone else knows how you feel.

Do you think its the hormones that the coil release that have affected you? I've had a coil for the past 7 years and never thought to make a connection.

I hope to hear from you soon take care and keep smiling

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum, I hope you can find some solace here x

B

Blondie

Welcome Emma.I know your partners family make things worse hun but at least people care about you enough to try.People never know what to say to me as my 17 year old daughter has a terminal illness(see below).Hopefully things will improve for you when the coil is removed.Read my signature and make the most of your life hun.I wish you well.xxx