• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi everyone my name is ... and I have bipolar disorder. Intro

C

cbpolar

Wanted to briefly introduce myself to the forum. I was diagnosed with bipolar type 2 (more depression than mania) disorder when I was in college and have been seeing a psychiatrist regularly since then with somewhat regular therapy sessions. My med regimen has changed somewhat over the 25 years and I have had some pretty intense episodes with emergency room visits, hospital stays and institutional stays to get myself back on track.

I'm reluctant to share this as there is shame associated with even letting these dark places affect me so negatively ... I've attempted suicide by overdosing and was rescued by a call from a friend who notified the local police who showed up with an ambulance at my apartment. So I get what you may be going through to an extent and have some tricks I use to fight depression and kick anxiety but I also look to a loving community for support and rely on my friends and family when in need.

Its odd how when you are feeling good you can't imagine how it was to be at the deepest trough of depression and vice versa. I think when we are in a fit of anxiety, fear, panic, chaos, paranoia or depression its easy to feel trapped and often
difficult to know what to do to get out of that room and through the door to a healthy place.

I hope to be more active on the forum and can lend my voice to others who may be seeking help as I am in times of need. Best to you on your mental health journeys. We are in this fight together!

Q

Queenoface

Welcome and I am glad you overcame what was meant to destroy you

Amazingly

Amazingly

Hi @cbpolar and welcome.
I’m pretty new to the forum also.
So far it’s a great place to learn and share.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello cbpolar, welcome to the forum.

S

SFGuy

Its odd how when you are feeling good you can't imagine how it was to be at the deepest trough of depression and vice versa.
Welcome!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could see our normal when we're in a depressive hole or a hypomanic crisis? I try to take a therapist's advice to remember that the last time I felt terrible, it went away. That works, but only a little.

Fortunately, my meds have been doing a great job lately and keeping me at my baseline.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Wide awake when everyone else asleep !! Bipolar Forum 15
K what meds is everyone on? Bipolar Forum 89
S Hello everyone Happy New Year Bipolar Forum 3
Marly92 Hey everyone new here Bipolar Forum 5
letmein merry Christmas everyone Bipolar Forum 4
letmein hows everyone? Bipolar Forum 5
letmein hows everyone? Bipolar Forum 3
letmein Hows everyone doing? Bipolar Forum 5
Killjoy710 Hi Everyone Bipolar Forum 3
letmein to everyone on the MHF Bipolar Forum 4
letmein season greetings to everyone... Bipolar Forum 6
letmein good morning everyone................... Bipolar Forum 2
D Hi everyone new here Bipolar Forum 3
dubblemonkey I want everyone to be ok about being mental Bipolar Forum 3
T Hey, how is everyone? Just here to try to understand myself really. Bipolar Forum 1
A Everyone is saying I'm on a high Bipolar Forum 3
krista I feel like a burden to everyone. Bipolar Forum 21
mrlaurel for everyone near or far........................... Bipolar Forum 1
megirl where is everyone?? Bipolar Forum 14
mrlaurel hows everyone? Bipolar Forum 6
mrlaurel hows everyone? Bipolar Forum 2
K Christmas lists everyone, come on santa lives, xmas wish lists all xxxx Bipolar Forum 36
K Its Christmas fast fast approaching... is everyone ready? (rant alert) Bipolar Forum 18
K Am I ill or just having a bad days like everyone......? Bipolar Forum 2
mrlaurel this is for you......... this is for everyone. Bipolar Forum 4
megirl Whats happening to everyone Bipolar Forum 21
B Bye everyone Bipolar Forum 14
mrlaurel morning everyone............ Bipolar Forum 7
E A fond farewell and wishing everyone the best Bipolar Forum 10
A ~ Hello to everyone ~ Bipolar Forum 5
K What happened? to Will Self is probably bi-polar and everyone critiques the hell out of him thread? Bipolar Forum 14
megirl Hi again everyone Bipolar Forum 2
mrlaurel hows everyone doing? Bipolar Forum 9
mrlaurel an open letter to everyone, I'm sorry if you don't like me :( Bipolar Forum 78
mrlaurel a message to everyone. Bipolar Forum 7
U hey everyone! Bipolar Forum 3
B Hello everyone Bipolar Forum 3
A how is everyone Bipolar Forum 10
S To everyone on the Forum - "Good Morning Beautiful People" :) Bipolar Forum 20
M how is everyone ?? anyone been on lighter life / cambridge diet & quetiapine munches Bipolar Forum 39
mrlaurel hows everyone today? Bipolar Forum 10
mrlaurel good morning everyone.......................... Bipolar Forum 8
J wish everyone a happy and healthy 2012 Bipolar Forum 5
H So how is everyone feeling about the upcoming Christmas and New Year? Bipolar Forum 19
N Merry christmas everyone.. Bipolar Forum 3
D hi everyone, i just want to say hope you have nicest possible christmas you can Bipolar Forum 3
mrlaurel Merry Yule everyone Bipolar Forum 5
X Hi everyone Bipolar Forum 2
M lithium for everyone? Bipolar Forum 2
B Cured? To everyone, no matter your illness, i've had them all! Bipolar Forum 1