• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie

J

jojo2021

Hi everyone. I have just joined the forum.

I'm 26, fast approaching 27 (and feel old).
I have no real quality of life. I have no support system - no real family, or friends, no decent "mental health professionals" and I am used to feeling very isolated and lonely. I live by myself, with my precious cat.

I have been too unwell to hold down a job or any education courses in recent years.

I have been stuck in the awful mental health system of this area in the UK (I'm in England) for around 9 years, and it continues to fail me again and again. For almost 8 years I have been in and out of too many psychiatric units and have become very institutionalised, I have usually been sectioned and often for long periods.

I keep being misdiagnosed. But I very clearly have been suffering from severe depression, severe anxiety issues - generalised, socially and agoraphobia, as well as PTSD. It is possible I am Bipolar and also on the Autistic Spectrum but awaiting news regarding a referral for an assesssment for that. But as I said previously, I keep being misdiagnosed a lot and it's really upsetting and frustrating. There is no real help or care where I am. No one cares.

I am really struggling and just feel like the biggest failure. I am in a very dark place. I would really appreciate connecting with others on here that are happy to support or just want to be friendly and hopefully I won't get judged like I have been elsewhere.

Thanks for having me x

D

Dispatch

Welcome to the forum ... sorry your dealing with so much, we’re glad your here , no judgements ... have a look around and post when you’re ready. 🙂

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi jojo welcome to the forum :welcome:

kimidare

kimidare

Welcome jojo :welcome:

Here is a good place to feel less isolated.
People are helping each other, not judging.

I also have PTSD, your age and a cat ^^. I will be happy to receive your pm if you want to talk.

Don t hesitate to go through the different sections and create some topics or start a journal :)

shy guy

shy guy

Hi everyone. I have just joined the forum.

I'm 26, fast approaching 27 (and feel old).
I have no real quality of life. I have no support system - no real family, or friends, no decent "mental health professionals" and I am used to feeling very isolated and lonely. I live by myself, with my precious cat.

I have been too unwell to hold down a job or any education courses in recent years.

I have been stuck in the awful mental health system of this area in the UK (I'm in England) for around 9 years, and it continues to fail me again and again. For almost 8 years I have been in and out of too many psychiatric units and have become very institutionalised, I have usually been sectioned and often for long periods.

I keep being misdiagnosed. But I very clearly have been suffering from severe depression, severe anxiety issues - generalised, socially and agoraphobia, as well as PTSD. It is possible I am Bipolar and also on the Autistic Spectrum but awaiting news regarding a referral for an assesssment for that. But as I said previously, I keep being misdiagnosed a lot and it's really upsetting and frustrating. There is no real help or care where I am. No one cares.

I am really struggling and just feel like the biggest failure. I am in a very dark place. I would really appreciate connecting with others on here that are happy to support or just want to be friendly and hopefully I won't get judged like I have been elsewhere.

Thanks for having me x
Hey jojo2021! I'm new here too. I'm really sorry you've been such a tough time. I've not been hospitalized before, but I have been in a really dark and lonely place too. I have felt worthless and hopeless and like I'll never feel better again. I am in a somewhat better place now, but I still have dark days. It's hard to talk to people about it. But there are people who genuinely care and can relate. I sure hope you get the help you need and are properly diagnosed. I remember it being a long time before I got diagnosed and I kept thinking it was maybe all in my head and I just needed to be tougher. I'm not sure my diagnosis is completely accurate, but I actually felt a little better knowing that it wasn't all in my head. I'm rambling now, sorry about that. Keep trying to take care of yourself and reach out for help. You deserve to feel better. Hang in there : )