• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi everyone, I just joined today

DLS

DLS

I like to play guitar & make my own YouTube videos, as well as rollerblading, skateboarding, & hikes. I'm currently struggling with staying away from fentanyl, & wish nothing more than to be off the drug for good.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @DLS, welcome to the forum, really glad you are reaching out. More than that, glad you are here period after using fentanyl; I'm so sorry you're struggling through this. I've been addicted to opiates and know the feeling like it'll never end and you just can't do without it. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here and people who understand. I believe there's also a substance abuse and recovery specific forum on here that may be helpful to go through.

Really, really wish you strength through this. We've lost enough people to that, it's such a tragedy. Keep moving forward, and again, welcome to the forum. xx

DLS

DLS

Thanks, I lost my girlfriend 2 years ago, coma, ICU, I wanted to die for over a year after watching her slip away, but finally I accepted her passing, /& wish to live a clean life. Thanks for the response. Everyone I know as a using friend, just can't be around them, dope is king to all that are hooked, I need new friends.

2Much2Feel

Thanks, I lost my girlfriend 2 years ago, coma, ICU, I wanted to die for over a year after watching her slip away, but finally I accepted her passing, /& wish to live a clean life. Thanks for the response. Everyone I know as a using friend, just can't be around them, dope is king to all that are hooked, I need new friends.
God, I am so sorry. That is a tragedy, and something that takes a period of time to grieve for sure. You may find it helpful on here in the forum on coping with loss and grief, as I'm sure you will find others who have gone through similar experiences. That is heartbreaking.

It's good that you know that you need to be around new friends. Who you're hanging out with makes all the difference in the world. It sounds like you have your head on right and can be one of the many success stories to come out of this. Had a family member and friend go through similar, we all thought they were gone for good. They got around new friends, got active, got some professional and group support, and both are doing great now, totally clean. It is possible, and you sound like you are a very strong person. Pulling for you. xx

C

Chipotle

Welcome to the forum. Your hobbies and interests sound really fun.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello DLS, welcome to the forum.

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum DLS, hope you can find some help here as everyone is so caring.

DLS

DLS

God, I am so sorry. That is a tragedy, and something that takes a period of time to grieve for sure. You may find it helpful on here in the forum on coping with loss and grief, as I'm sure you will find others who have gone through similar experiences. That is heartbreaking.

It's good that you know that you need to be around new friends. Who you're hanging out with makes all the difference in the world. It sounds like you have your head on right and can be one of the many success stories to come out of this. Had a family member and friend go through similar, we all thought they were gone for good. They got around new friends, got active, got some professional and group support, and both are doing great now, totally clean. It is possible, and you sound like you are a very strong person. Pulling for you. xx
I quit for over a month in this past Summer, I'll do it again, I had $70 cash yesterday & spent $20 on that stuff, after 2 days of not using :(. I'm going to get my Kadian from pharmacy after this coffee, than out for the day to pan up cigarette & food money till payday, but I'm not using, straight home after & good old YouTube. :)

DLS

DLS

Hey everybody I've been trying to quit using with some luck. Since my last post I quit for 2 days twice. Today I carried a note in my pocket reminding me not to buy any drugs, but I stopped by the soup kitchen/homeless center & bought a $5 pack of Indian Reserve cigarettes, & $20 worth of Fentanyl to smoke. I feel like I have no control of myself anymore & whatever I make my mind up about & tell myself over & over not to use, I do. I have no friends, & talking to the dealers as I pick up some dope, I feel like I'm visiting a friend for 5 minutes. But I will try my hardest to stay away from there from now on, cause they are not my friends. I must tough it out. Sorry to let people down, I really believed in myself & failed, but I have been successful in past & I will show all who read my posts that it can be done, & I will be happy & clean again. Is anyone suffering this madness too, or did you in the past?