• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum.

L

Luvmypets

I have social anxiety and anxiety in all forms along with depression. Having a hard time coping and trying to manage. Find it very overwhelming and difficult to deal with at times.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of support on here. I love your user name. :)

Sash1

Sash1

Hi.. Anxieties can be too overwhelming your right, especially when the depression hits at the same time. My anxieties are through the roof right now, due to my Health anxieties, can't focus or concentrate on anything.
But this site is a good place to be at times like these as there are so many people here who understand fully what you are going through and are very supportive..:)

L

Luvmypets

Oh Thank you! We all need support especially from others that have same experiences and can help each other.

R

Ray53

I have social anxiety and anxiety in all forms along with depression. Having a hard time coping and trying to manage. Find it very overwhelming and difficult to deal with at times.
Me too. Welcome. I'm new here and finding lots of support and info on how to cope.
Just recently I visited the doctor. I told her how I feel. She put me on medication. It's working for me. I'm less anxious. I'm more positive. I feel so much calmer and happier.
I'm not suggesting meds would be suitable for you. Talk with your doctor and hopefully they will have some ideas and options that suit you.
Ray.

L

Luvmypets

Thanks Ray. I am meeting with a psychologist soon to see if talking through some of these reoccuring issues will help and maybe some new meds. I have some meds my general md had given me but they make me way too tired. I am functional but I have noticed that my anxiety is getting way out of control and interrupting my life. I am obsessing over things, can't sleep and cant let anything go. I am so worried everything my impulsive thinking and doing is hurting people and i obsess over it.

S

sadgirl

Hi luvmypets and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can

R

Ray53

Hi again.
I tried various meds and they made me tired and fuzzy too. I stopped and my issues increased. After many years of using alcohol to numb me (bad idea)
I finally got meds which work well.
My constant spaghetti brain racing about and over analysing everything has now slowed and calmed. The first week I felt comatosed but now after 2 weeks I'm on a much better level.
It's awful churning things over and over again. Drove me down and I stayed in.
Now I'm less panicky and paranoid. I can watch TV without looking through it and everyone says I'm much calmer and nice.
Meditation worked for a few years but then my mind fought back. The negative me laughed at breathing meditation. I'm doing it again now I'm more settled. I'd be happy to pass on how I meditate using my breath as a focus. Just ask.
Best wishes
RAY

L

Luvmypets

Thanks sadgirl. Hope you are doing well. It helps to talk to people who may be going thru the same issues. Mental issues can be very difficult to handle.

Sash1

Sash1

I think one of the worse things about any type of mental health issues, for me, is feeling so alone, sort of out of touch with the world. I have a very loving family etc, but I sometimes feel, sort of distant from everything,like I'm not part of it. I tried meds, but never found the right one, disappointed thinking I was going to get my head sorted and didn't, I gave up on them(glad you found yours though Ray, if they work for you, fantastic, I'm not against whatever helps our mental health)
I have my Psychologist help at the minute, and we're working through it(fingers crossed)but my health anxieties/depression are here again so, I'm down that same familiar road again.
This site helps me a lot..keep talking, it helps.:)

L

Luvmypets

Thanks Sash1. I understand about feeling alone. I feel the same way. Family and a few friends say I over react and worry all the time or they get tired of hearing me talk. My mind just starts going- over and over and can't let things go. They don't understand that the anxiety is a cycle and you can't control it. You can try but it keeps coming back. The cycle of feeling like you keep messing up and not having control of yourself. Than the depressions sits in because you feel hopeless. Feeling alone and feel like you just can't fit in anywhere. Agree- it helps to have people to communicate with same issues so you don't feel alone.