• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi Everyone. I am currently suffering bad anxiety. To cut the story short I have been taking fluxetine for a few years. My anxiety and lack of sleep

J

Jivienne Mae

Good morning. I am currently suffering bad anxiety. To cut the story short I have been taking fluxetine for a few years. My anxiety and lack of sleep caused by my noisey neighbours have trigger my anxiety. I am now always anxious again. My doctor have increased my fluxotine from 20mg to 40mg. And propranolol 20mg 3 times a day. I am very anxious. I feel scared. The neighbour /man lives 3 dorrs down from me. I think he himself has a mental issue. He is very loud talking to himself. He looks scary. Having said that he hasn't done anything directly to me. Why am I anxious all the time? My physical symptoms is caused by negative thoughts that my family is going to be in danger. 😭

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. That is worrying having a neighbour who is noisy like that. He might have a MH issue, who knows. I can only say that I am sorry you are going through this and take the meds as often as prescribed and don't forget. They do help. Have you had anxiety like this before?

J

Jivienne Mae

:welcome: to the forum. That is worrying having a neighbour who is noisy like that. He might have a MH issue, who knows. I can only say that I am sorry you are going through this and take the meds as often as prescribed and don't forget. They do help. Have you had anxiety like this before?
Yes but not as bad as now.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Do you know what originally triggered it? Usually there is something that happened which started it all off and then it becomes a self perpetuating problem. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? Its worth researching it. Its not a quick fix, it takes practise but it might be an idea. We have a brief intro on here:

J

Jivienne Mae

Do you know what originally triggered it? Usually there is something that happened which started it all off and then it becomes a self perpetuating problem. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? Its worth researching it. Its not a quick fix, it takes practise but it might be an idea. We have a brief intro on here:

Thank you. You are right. I had my first attack 5 years ago. I had neighbours next to me that played the music soo loud. When I reported it to the police. It became worst. They became nasty and would put the music at all sort of hours. 2am!! On full blast!! That's when I was first prescribed medication. I was very bad then too. They had a camera outside so when they see the police they would put the music off. Then turn it on again once they leave. They were always drinking in the back near my window. Drunken people everyday!! It drove me insane got years. Despite my effort to find the landlord and the house owner. They did nothing about it. They eventually moved after 4 years!! The new one are loud but it's kids noice. That doesn't bother me.

calypso

calypso

Admin
So this set up an anxiety loop in you that is hard to break free from? I would suggest that you try CBT as they teach techniques to combat this. Obviously, with the lock down we can't get to see therapists but you could look it up. GPs can prescribe therapy too,, but again you would have to wait for it. Might be an idea to ask to be put on the waiting list now so that when we can all go out again, you don't have to wait as long.

It can be helped that is for sure but you need help with that.

J

Jivienne Mae

So this set up an anxiety loop in you that is hard to break free from? I would suggest that you try CBT as they teach techniques to combat this. Obviously, with the lock down we can't get to see therapists but you could look it up. GPs can prescribe therapy too,, but again you would have to wait for it. Might be an idea to ask to be put on the waiting list now so that when we can all go out again, you don't have to wait as long.

It can be helped that is for sure but you need help with that.
Thank you. I woke up awful today. My anxiety is really bad. I'm already anxious. My body is not relaxed!!! I feel like crying. 😭. I am taking my increased dose for 4 days. When will I feel the change.