• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi everyone! Here to get everyone's thoughts on ASMR.

C

cm1319

I hope everyone is having a great day! I just joined this forum to get a little bit more information on ASMR. My girlfriend is starting her own YouTube channel and I want to be supportive, but I never even hear of it until she started watching it. Have any of you had experience with it? Is it more relaxation or do you actually get chills/tingles? I have watched her first couple videos and can see how someone would find them calming.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I hope everyone is having a great day! I just joined this forum to get a little bit more information on ASMR. My girlfriend is starting her own YouTube channel and I want to be supportive, but I never even hear of it until she started watching it. Have any of you had experience with it? Is it more relaxation or do you actually get chills/tingles? I have watched her first couple videos and can see how someone would find them calming.
I have seen a few ASMR videos on YouTube and am familiar with the craze. It doesn’t do much for me but I can see where it would affect some
people...to each his own...

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cm1319

I have seen a few ASMR videos on YouTube and am familiar with the craze. It doesn’t do much for me but I can see where it would affect some
people...to each his own...
Do you think this just a "fad" or do you think it will continue? Has it been around a while? She is really into it and wants to start posting regular videos.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Do you think this just a "fad" or do you think it will continue? Has it been around a while? She is really into it and wants to start posting regular videos.
From what I have seen there are A LOT of ASMR videos out there and many YouTube celebrities have posted ASMR themed videos. I think it’s a fad but one that will be around a long time. I think it’s great that your girlfriend is doing ASMR videos. I’m sure she will establish her own little following after some time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero One

Zero One

ASMR is so crazy, but it is really taking off and people love it. I tend to watch videos with the volume off unless it is music and I didn't even know that some of the content I watch is ASMR. I tried watching one with the volume on and the inconsistency of the sounds to the actions was a real etch to the consciousness.

C

cm1319

ASMR is so crazy, but it is really taking off and people love it. I tend to watch videos with the volume off unless it is music and I didn't even know that some of the content I watch is ASMR. I tried watching one with the volume on and the inconsistency of the sounds to the actions was a real etch to the consciousness.
Yeah I know! She has done a "role-play" bed and breakfast, (which I guess is normal thing) and another with perfume bottles. I guess it could stimulate visual senses as well.

Zero One

Zero One

Yes that sounds nice. I like bed and breakfast. And parfum bottles can be so beautiful. I can picture myself watching that. I remember once Anthony Bourdain (name may be incorrect) was in either Indonesia or the Philippines and he was in a hotel on the water...a very small room open to the water with a terrace and they brought him pancakes across the water on a small boat and I believe the pancakes were served with strawberry syrup. That was my ultimate fantasy of solitude. I almost died in sensory satisfaction.

Zero One

Zero One

Yes it was Indonesia, the place is called Kampung Sampireun9c016e6ac9f476f401b67a7c5b936005.jpg

Strawberry syrup and coconut milk I think.

C

cm1319

Yes it was Indonesia, the place is called Kampung SampireunView attachment 20898

Strawberry syrup and coconut milk I think.
That picture is so beautiful and peaceful. I think I get more if a sensory reaction from pictures like this one than with sounds. If you want to check out her first video, her channel is "Ever After ASMR". She is looking for critical feedback so she can improve her videos.

Zero One

Zero One

I started to watch the parfum bottles one. People who love ASMR will love this. I need the images to move more quickly with a storyline...I don't want to admit to my attention problem. But those who love ASMR..the sounds should enjoy this. The bottles are pretty too.

Zero One

Zero One

The bed and breakfast role play is good too. She has a good voice for relaxation. Maybe she would be good at guided meditation too.

C

cm1319

Sorry for the delay and thanks for checking these out and for the advice! I will share it with her. She's trying to put some out every few days so maybe she can do a guided meditation one soon.