Hi everyone have a diagnosis of schizotypal pd

S

Schizotypal-tony

Hi im 30yrs old and was labelled by my psychiatrist with schizotypal personality disorder 3 years ago but have struggled with the condition since i was about 19 but a family intervention got me medical help and hospitalised were i was properly assessed for a month and officially diagnosed.before that i thought everything i thought felt and believed was normal.my pdoc considers me 2be on the schizophrenic spectrum and i take 4mg risperidone aswell as undergo therapy both take the edge of the distorted way i view things at times.but i still self isolate at home with my dad and my paranoia can be pretty bad at times and altho i can have thoughts and beliefs others call odd and weird ive never been full on delusional and apart from hearing strange sounds and noises wen im really stressed out ive never hallucinated hence couple questions i find interesting.i dont see my psychiatrist again till next month to ask him but is schizotypal pd basically mild schizophrenia?basically schizophrenia minus the psychosis?schizophrenia was ruled out at the hosp assessment 3yrs ago btw.sorry for the length thanks for reading any thoughts?pleasure to be a member of this forum x

S

Schizotypal-tony

Oh and other things i can experience wen stressed is certain tv programmes and movies are about me but my psychiatrist calls this quasi -psychosis so ive never been out of touch with reality with my pd per se x

Last edited:
S

Schizotypal-tony

Thank u for the welcome.im so pleased ive found a place where i can talk openly about my mh condition without being called a weirdo which ive had bad experiences with.im schizotypal but it doesnt define me.

S

Schizotypal-tony

Anyone else with schizotypal pd?it would be great to share experiences x