• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi Everyone - Another Newbee here!

S

Sall1

Founding Member
Hello to anyone out there,

I'm another newbee checking in. I came across this site tonight and liked the way it all sounds - you all sound really nice and friendly. I need someone to talk to about my current difficulties (friends who could really understand me), and this feels safer to me right now than talking to those closest to me - I know that might sound really strange to some of you. I can't explain it really.

Have been unwell on and off for a number of years with depression, anxiety and was recently diagnosed with having bulimia but have had it for years really. It's just all so frightening - truely is. Am feeling very very stuck with it all. My GP thinks i'm ready for help and has given me some anti-depressants to stabalise my sometimes dangerously low mood and impulsive behaviour but i just don't know. It frightens me sometimes. Still - have been referred to a Psychologist and first appt is on Friday coming but i'm debating with myself as to whether or not I should cancel. Have never seen a Psychologist before for my own problems - does anyone know what she might do/say?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh am really sorry for going on and rambling. I was only going to say hello but i'm off on one lol!!:redface:

Well everyone 'hello'. Nice to cyber meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you.

Big :hug:

Sall1
x

D

Dollit

Hi Salli and :welcome:

The psychologist will want to talk to you, about how you feel, how you cope with things and you'll then draw up a plan to work together. What sort of therapy you'll use etc. The first appointment can be quite hard work because there's a lot of questions to answer but it's worth going and going back.

Don't worry about it - and let us know how you get on!

J

Jazz

Founding Member
Im a newbee to this too, cant give you advice on the specific issues you have but one thing is for sure - if you want to get better pls attend your appointment - I made the mistake of bottling it and didnt turn up to my last one. Big mistake. Bite the bullet and put your best foot forward - its the only way.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Sall1,

The first appointment is about assessment.
Your Psychiatrist will want to discuss your history,medication,how you feel on a day to day basis that kind of thing.
We all feel anxious about first time appointments,I know I did but it really is'nt anything to worry about and try to remember that she is there to help you.

The best of luck with everything
:)

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Sall1 and :welcome:. I remember my first appointment with a psych, very nerve racking. Please don't feel you have to cancel your appointment with the psych. I find keeping a mood diary and showing it when i go to appointments helps them to get a better understanding of how you feel :)

S

Sall1

Founding Member
Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,

thank you all for your messages -it means a lot to me. Many :hug: to you all.

Also a big HELLO to anyone else new out there.

Sall1
x

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Sall1 :welcome: