• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi. Bad depression maybe bipolar

M

Mm3

Hi

Im maisy. I have bad depression and am recently on medication for that. I am worried i have bipolar but i am not sure and want an insite from someone with it.

Thanks

Catty5

Catty5

:welcome: to the forum
Hope you find help and support here.
And I truly hope your diagnosis is correct and your med will work for you.
I have depression and on Fluoxetine (Prozac) for almost 5 months now. I have no bipolar tendency.

M

Mm3

Thanks cathy. How do you know if you have tenancies or not? How do you cope with the lows? Thanks

T

TheWarrior101

Do you have a coping mechanism? Like for example? What do you enjoy doing? Do you like to watch movies, or listen to music, or work out, or do yoga? I love to do those as well.

M

Mm3

Hi. Erm i love swimming so used to go to the pool whenever i felt down. Ive tried to start doing some yoga at home since this covid. I like movies but its like i watch them then dint remember anything that happened. Im struggling in isolation to know what to do. I cant reply to friends messages or calls as its makes me super anxious. I am trying but failing to reach out to friends but i am talking to family. I have just online seof referred for Councilling so i feel im making the right steps and doing the motions you're meant too but its not changing how i feel inside.

T

TheWarrior101

Awww, well, take it one step at a time, and you still have your family members with you. And I am sorry that you forget what happens in movies after you watch them. Be well and stay safe from the corona virus.

Catty5

Catty5

Thanks cathy. How do you know if you have tenancies or not? How do you cope with the lows? Thanks
Hello
I’m a mental health care professional in the US. I tested myself so many times as a practice. So I know myself.

Of course i’m a human being.... so I have a bit of ups and downs. But i’m much less emotional than most people most of the time. I’ve never been hypomanic. So I don’t need any mood stabilizer.

Bipolar 2 people have a bit of larger emotional waves but mostly they tend to have a long depressive phase. And their hypomanic phase isn’t so serious like people with Bipolar 1.

I probably can not feel either joy or happiness so much. But it became my personality. I have major depression this time since I quit Lexapro due to my health concerns then severe depression came back.

M

Mm3

Ah ok, thank you, that helps. I am really depressed and im not sure about hypermania possibly. I normally can feel joy but i met my idol last month and i felt nothing which is insane as it was a dream come true.

Catty5

Catty5

Ah ok, thank you, that helps. I am really depressed and im not sure about hypermania possibly. I normally can feel joy but i met my idol last month and i felt nothing which is insane as it was a dream come true.
Oh no i’m sorry. You were probably depressed and unable to feel a joy. Or your med affects you.... It may make you numb.

Nobody is like a robot. But major symptom of bipolar is “mood instability”. If you have ups and downs that bothers your everyday life, it’s better to tell your psych who will diagnose you. Please don’t self diagnose. I see people who insist their self diagnose based on “googling”.

I don’t have such a mood instability, just feel lower most of the time = dysthymic.

T

TheWarrior101

Oooh, you have dysthymic depression? I have that too as well.

M

Mm3

Oh no defo not looking to self diagnose.just looking for help with depression whilst also worrying theres more (bpd) but i cant really see my gp right now with all thats going on

Catty5

Catty5

Why do you think you’re bipolar? You should talk about it with your doc next time when you catch him.

M

Mm3

Because my mom and grandma are and i feel im getting more detached from who i was

Catty5

Catty5

Have you ever had a hypomanic phase?
Is there anyone in your family who has either depression or bipolar?