• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi, anyone else spend most of their life crying?

J

Jozee74

Just joined today, I have general anxiety disorder that comes and goes and i'm at a really low time at the moment, I know that it will feel a little better in a few weeks but at the moment the tears and panic attacks are relentless and I thought that being able to share might put things into perspective.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Jozee,
Welcome to the forum, I've spent a lot of my time crying or being in moods.
I'm doing much better now.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

:welcome: to the forum! I am so sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I do hope things get better for you. Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings here. We understand and are here for you. :hug1:

F

Fancyharm

I cried once for five hours. I will never forget it. It was horrible.

The best advice I can give is to tell yourself that the physical imbalance in your chemicals is the reason for the crying. I used to think, oh no, I'm mental, I can't control this mental state of continuous crying, but it is a physical imbalance.

Of course, sometimes what works for one person doesn't work for everyone.

Also I used to try and accept the feelings (crying) etc and that helped. If I am having an off day, even now, I summarise why. Perhaps it's because I have had disturbed sleep, or it's near to the time of the month, or because someone has tried to get me to do something unreasonable.

I can honestly say that I usually come up with a reason for the 'off' day and it's not because I am a failure as a person. Simply put, I must not be too hard on myself, but simply put is easy to forget and gloss over, stopping and thinking 'why' and taking the time to do this is not so easy to push away, therefore the reasons are easier to accept and this has a positive outcome.

I also remember my counsellor saying that an illness had to be 'lived through'. I feel now looking back that this is true. If you had broken a leg you would have to 'live through' that too. So please don't be hard on yourself.

I

Itisimpossible

Just joined today too

Just joined today, I have general anxiety disorder that comes and goes and i'm at a really low time at the moment, I know that it will feel a little better in a few weeks but at the moment the tears and panic attacks are relentless and I thought that being able to share might put things into perspective.
I have googled this site tonight and joined as I’m in such a bad place, I work really hard to fight depression daily but once in awhile it wins.. I spent the whole morning crying uncontrollably and could not stop. It’s times like this that I feel it is taking over my life and that I am a slave to it.. I know my chemicals will balance more the next day, but that often gives me a feeling of dread as it’s like waking with a hangover- what did I do, say, post online, say to people while under its spell? I feel the fight is relentless..

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Does anyone else struggle to tell people they are depressed? Introduce Yourself 7
G ECT- does anyone else struggle? Introduce Yourself 2
N New here , fragile and nervous . Anyone else suspect a different diagnosis ? Introduce Yourself 4
D I suffer with derealisation does anyone else? Introduce Yourself 3
B I am linda 55 been diagnosed with EUPD recentrly.its taken the 30 years anyone on else here with it.its cripling me right now nd i have no support i Introduce Yourself 2
F Does anyone else feel like this? Introduce Yourself 2
L Anyone else Introduce Yourself 7
L I’m new here - does anyone else suffer with severe health anxiety? Introduce Yourself 47
P Hi I’m new here recently diagnosed with EUPD anyone else have this and if so how do you cope on azure daily basis I’m struggling Introduce Yourself 3
A is anyone else really struggling to sleep at night Introduce Yourself 4
P Does anyone else feel emotionally numb to feelings of empathy or happiness??? Introduce Yourself 6
Davey Blueeyes Does anyone else like to dance like no one's watching? Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi i really want to chat to anyone with acute depression who could help me by sharing their experiencesHi i really want to chat to anyone with acute Introduce Yourself 10
Lilly776 If anyone needs a listening ear Introduce Yourself 3
C Anyone want to chat? Introduce Yourself 24
G anyone has time to chat? Introduce Yourself 8
TDCI1994 Anyone want to be friends Introduce Yourself 12
L Anyone there? Introduce Yourself 12
V Pep talk, anyone? Introduce Yourself 4
L Depression and identity link - can anyone help? Introduce Yourself 4
N Anyone who can help me with my anxiety? Introduce Yourself 7
T If anyone can relate Introduce Yourself 10
H anyone here Introduce Yourself 6
S One year on from telling anyone about my self diagnosis Introduce Yourself 5
A Just joined, wondering if anyone could offer me some advice Introduce Yourself 13
J can anyone help me? Introduce Yourself 8
D Anyone need help with Agoraphobia? Introduce Yourself 1
G Is anyone from Liverpool. Introduce Yourself 2
G Is anyone alone this Christmas? Introduce Yourself 2
G Is anyone from Liverpool? Introduce Yourself 5
M Anyone know what this feels like Introduce Yourself 5
G I cant relate to anyone Introduce Yourself 8
R hello anyone here right now Introduce Yourself 11
S I don't think I love anyone Introduce Yourself 16
F Anyone had toxic parents? Introduce Yourself 30
C Can anyone help ? Introduce Yourself 2
W Anyone dealing with extreme anxiety? Introduce Yourself 7
T Hello, new here and my first time talking about my mental health to anyone. Introduce Yourself 4
W Anyone from algeria Introduce Yourself 1
D Hi, anyone have anger issues Introduce Yourself 3
A Does anyone want to chat Introduce Yourself 4
toenaeuk Hi, can anyone help? Introduce Yourself 18
C I’ve never talked to anyone about this before. Introduce Yourself 4
Weirdnumber Thought echo anyone? Introduce Yourself 6
B Hi. Not sure how this works or if anyone will even read this but here goes. Introduce Yourself 2
I Seasonal affective disorder , hi anyone out there who has done the blindingly obvious and moved to a sunnier part of the world? Introduce Yourself 8
B Hey, is anyone free to chat? Introduce Yourself 5
O New to here and wrote out my problems for anyone who will listen... Introduce Yourself 5
D Hey everyone i need some help wid something pls, anyone who hears voices but cant quite make out wot theyre saying next time u hear them can u try Introduce Yourself 12
O If someone - anyone - can reach out, it'll be really helpful Introduce Yourself 10