• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi! Anxiety and Depression sufferer, slowly getting by

A

AR120

Hi! I have been recently diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety in November 2019 and I am currently in hospital after taking my second overdose. I am awaiting a community mental health bed and was just looking for any advice or tips for how to overcome this sense of not wanting to be alive anymore x

wollie

wollie

Hi AR120

You have descibed me in every way apart from the anxiety bit, I took 2 over doses and ended in in hospital both times, the thing is I survived, to be honest it is a waste of time taking an over dose, as for staying alive I came to realise what it would be like to be dead," nothingness", that is hard to describe becuase no one has come back AFAIK, plus the upset that death causes amoungst relatives, what ever you do stay alive you will be missed.

All the best woolie

A

AR120

Hi!

I completely understand where you are coming from! I feel so much guilt surrounding trying to end my life and how it has affected my friends and family and I'm just not sure how to deal with it anymore x

Catty5

Catty5

Hello welcome to the forum :welcome:
I hope your condition will improve. :rolleyes:

I feel you since I’ve fighting depression/anxiety for 2 years. I was inpatient for 5 weeks at the end of last year. I felt I didn’t want to live anymore when I had the worse symptoms. But I’m better just a little bit lately with Prozac and TMS.

But if you find a proper med, you’ll be functioning. I was on Lexapro for 20 years till I had to quit it due to my health problem (Then this depression relapsed). But I was relatively well functioning in 20 years with Lexapro.

When I felt suicidal, I was holding my 2 cats telling myself I cannot leave them orphans since one of them has a cat AIDS. Nobody wants him.

Please be courageous. And don’t worry about your family and friends so much. I’m sure they feel relieved to know you survived.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
A Hi There - Psychosis, Depression and Anxiety Introduce Yourself 31
C Any older people who have struggled for decades with depression, anxiety and anger? Introduce Yourself 29
R Newby- Living with someone who suffers with Anxiety and Depression Introduce Yourself 4
B Currently suffering from depression/anxiety. Introduce Yourself 5
N Anxiety/ Depression Introduce Yourself 1
J My life with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
S Anxiety/Depression. New to this forum Introduce Yourself 6
A Anxiety? Depression? Both? Im not sure... Introduce Yourself 1
J My name is Jackie I am 55years old and suffer from anxiety and depression. I feel like Im going off my head. Help x Introduce Yourself 35
S Mummy with Depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
TheEagle15 New guy with Schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and Autism Introduce Yourself 9
E ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Loneliness, and Suicidal Introduce Yourself 4
B Pandemic anxiety Introduce Yourself 7
S Hi Everyone - Looking to Connect w/ fellow social anxiety sufferers Introduce Yourself 3
BeanPeach Teen daughter just diagnosed with ocd and anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
J Anxiety, maybe ROCD and new on fluoxetine Introduce Yourself 4
R Anxiety no friends Introduce Yourself 5
J Anxiety is killing me Introduce Yourself 4
K Greetings - my anxiety made a great come back! Introduce Yourself 11
spacebunny Back to forums - Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
H Hi im new here and im suffering with severe health anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
D Anxiety issues. Introduce Yourself 7
DepressedAngel New panic, depressed and anxiety stricken human here to introduce myself Introduce Yourself 15
A New looking for advice for my wifes anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
F Hello! Im new here i have many mental problems like anxiety and fatigued all time. Any other? Introduce Yourself 5
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
T Anxiety/panic and Grief Introduce Yourself 9
A Anxiety and recovering from an ED. Introduce Yourself 6
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
C Hello! I'm paralysed by anxiety and stress. Introduce Yourself 2
E Anxiety and panic attacks Introduce Yourself 12
N Anxiety ridden father. Introduce Yourself 9
H My deppression and Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
J New to anxiety and feeling lost Introduce Yourself 9
M hey guys im new here im having issues with anxiety, stress and Deja Vu any help would be great Introduce Yourself 4
K I hope I get good advice how to heal my anxiety Introduce Yourself 7
Falling_Fixation Anxiety, OCD, EDNOS Introduce Yourself 1
D Positive story of overcoming my severe brain fog and anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 4
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
7 71 and Still Suffering from Anxiety/Panic Attacks Introduce Yourself 22
L Anxiety / guilt Introduce Yourself 3
M Anxiety and Hypochondria Introduce Yourself 4
C Is this Anxiety? Introduce Yourself 2
E Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
N Living anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
E High-Functioning Anxiety & MDD Introduce Yourself 5
U New here... with anxiety issues. Introduce Yourself 6