• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi am new, my mum hears voice and wrote a book

L

lilfeather22

Hi everyone,

I myself do not hear voices, but my mum does and has done since she was a teenager, shes the best mum in the world even though i had had to be there for her alot when i was little, through the self harm and in and out of hospitals etc....

My mum wrote a book called unwillingly a witch (think it was how she started hearing voices) and to be honest im deffianlty not going to read it as its way to nitty gritty for me and would give me sleepless nights.

Am trying to promote her book (on amazon etc) but i dont know what type of people to promote it too? do you think that people who dont hear voices and suffer with mental health problems would give it a chance? i really dont know where to start with this. shes also bringing out two other books about her and her battle with hearing voices (which im in but with a name change) just wanted to know your thoughts on what i can do for her with this?

any suggestions would be amazing
thanks guys
Heth (22)

D

Dollit

If your mum can afford it, a professional reader is a good start. They would go over the book and give an appraisal and suggest which publishing houses to approach. Publishers demand an extremely high standard - many more books are written than are published which is why it's a good idea to have it read first.

The Artists and Writers Yearbook would be really helpful. You'll probably find it in the reference section at the library.

L

lilfeather22

hey

Hi, my mums book is already published but i dont thinkthat people would really be looking for something to read like that, i just need to get the name out there.
hmmm, its a toughie

xx

D

Dollit

Do you mind me asking if a publishing house published the book or was it by self-publishing?

L

lilfeather22

Course not

course i dont mind
it was a publishing house

D

Dollit

The publishing house should be promoting the book. It's part of the service. Your mum's agent should also be promoting it.

L

lilfeather22

ok thanks for the advice

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N A Sudden Heard Hallucination - hint, mum's late late late, mother passsed away, 1995 Hearing Voices Forum 13
W My voices threaten dispicable, unmentionable violent act on my Mum. Hearing Voices Forum 10
RainbowHeartz According to mum... Hearing Voices Forum 11
blokadeknight Anyone else with Bipolar who hears voices? Hearing Voices Forum 4
M wife hears voices? Hearing Voices Forum 2
U Help: My girlfriend hears voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
F Want to support aFriend that hears voices and seems to have multiple person aliases. Hearing Voices Forum 14
C Are voices really people or all in your mind? Hears a good excersise Hearing Voices Forum 1
M Seeking help to deal with friend who talks to himself and hears voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
D The Doctor who hears voices Hearing Voices Forum 8
V My 6 year old daughter hears voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
D My 4 yearold daughter hears voices?? Hearing Voices Forum 15
M My daughter says she hears voices Hearing Voices Forum 19
K the voices she hears. 'poem' Hearing Voices Forum 2
N A Sudden, Heard Voice - very loud! Frightening. Hearing Voices Forum 3
Daybreak You guys ever thought about creating a new, positive voice? Hearing Voices Forum 65
E Does med take the voice away for you or just make it more manageable? Hearing Voices Forum 1
E Anyone hate when people ask like what is the voice saying at the moment? (inc professionals) Hearing Voices Forum 6
N Heard Voice - when very well, unheard of! Hearing Voices Forum 2
T advices from a 15-years long voice hearer Hearing Voices Forum 3
N A bit of blunder - heard voice - excruaiting headaches, sinuses Hearing Voices Forum 2
R Anyone here want to play League (NA)? Also believe in a spiritual cause for the voices (Discord voice) Hearing Voices Forum 8
A The voice is screaming Hearing Voices Forum 3
Beeboy I’m hearing a voice in my head that is commenting on what i do. Hearing Voices Forum 6
S Today i discovered i had a voice in my head Hearing Voices Forum 8
D What do you hear voice wise Hearing Voices Forum 28
LORD BURT Mental Harassment of Voice hearers is a Hate Crime Hearing Voices Forum 44
N Heard Voice Hearing Voices Forum 5
G two different kinds of my own voice Hearing Voices Forum 5
C abusive voice Hearing Voices Forum 5
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) Empathy voice exercise> Hearing Voices Forum 1
T Positive testimony on voice hearing Hearing Voices Forum 10
N A Sudden Heard (Americanised) Heard Voice - While Music Going!? Hearing Voices Forum 8
Funnyday Inner voice Hearing Voices Forum 6
O I heard voice and a scream Hearing Voices Forum 12
N Sudden Heard Voice - Note, dose taken very late on in waking hours. Hearing Voices Forum 16
N Heard Voice - Very Tired - Alerting waking Medication Hearing Voices Forum 7
vulch "Unknown" voice (Advice?) Hearing Voices Forum 4
N 25ml!!! - Very tired, Heard Voice???! Hearing Voices Forum 5
N Disturbed Sleep - Heard Voice! Hearing Voices Forum 6
P My thinking voice isn’t mine. Hearing Voices Forum 1
N A Heard Voice! Hearing Voices Forum 6
L what was everyone’s experiences of their first voice? Hearing Voices Forum 7
C Voice is driving me CRAZY! Hearing Voices Forum 12
C New realization-the nature of the voice Hearing Voices Forum 15
F My “good” voice led me to this forum Hearing Voices Forum 4
S at odds am i hearing voices of my own or am i hearing someone else voice i cant control ? Hearing Voices Forum 4
N A Heard Voice - reduced med down to 20ml!!! Hearing Voices Forum 6
N Americanised heard Voice - reduced down to 20ml Hearing Voices Forum 8
M A voice from space? Hearing Voices Forum 6