• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi all

P

pinkmetalgirl

Hi all,

I've just joined up, so I thought I'd say hi :)

Originally from the Midlands, I moved to London a few years back to work for a mental health charity. I hear voices, have visions and other unusual experiences. I also go through periods where I get quite paranoid and have other unusual and disturbing beliefs. Then there's the mood swings, the trichotillomania, the dissociation and the anxiety .... hmmm ... my cv of mental distress keeps getting bigger :redface:

Anyways, after being out of action for far too long (almost a decade), I was lucky enough to meet some people in the recovery and Hearing Voices movement that inspired me, and gave me the confidence, to find ways of understanding my distress. I started to see the sense in my unusual experiences and realise that I could find ways of coping with it.

As of March last year, I'm meds free (after being on antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and antidepressants galore). Not that being med-free is the goal for me - it's being able to make my own choices about how I deal with my distress. Life post-meds isn't always easy (I have a few more voices nowadays and have the tendency to feel people are stealing my thoughts, and am currently going thru therapy to deal with my history of trauma - which is pretty tough). Am getting there, I think (mostly).

I'm looking forward to meeting people on here. Since moving down south I've felt a bit unsupported as I left behind a good CPN and voluntary sector outreach support. Working in mental health makes it a little more difficult to get support for myself I've found.

Lovely to meet you x PMG (y)

S

*Sapphire*

Hi PMG and :welcome: to the forum.
I hope you find it as friendly and supportive as I have. :)

A

Apotheosis

Hello & :welcome: to the forum. It is always an inspiration to hear of people living a successful med free recovery.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi PMG and welcome to the forum it's great to have you here.

Being in control sounds great and it sounds as if you are doing really well. Keep posting and you'll soon get to know some great people here.

Take care, xx

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

:welcome:

Hope you find the support you need here :hug: It's a friendly place :)

:flowers:

P

pinkmetalgirl

Thanks guys - that's a lovely welcome. It can be scary joining somewhere new, so it's great to know you're all so accepting.

Things are going pretty well at the mo, but there are inevitable wobbly bits too ... have an essay deadline on monday so am working on being as low stress as poss. You'll prob find one or two posts from me this weekend engaging in some serious work avoidance

x PMG

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your essay.