• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi all!

W

Wytnie

:tea: Hello all. I thought I would join as I am currently training as a volunteer mental health mentor for the NHS. My mentor training tells me not to divulge information so lets just say I am Male, aged 50 with a grown up family with previous mental health issues. I chose my user name Wytnie from a road sign. I am not yet qualified to offer any real suggestions but I thought I would wander through the posts and get an insight into the types of issues I will be dealing with in the future. I hope you don't mind. I am easy going and I will talk to anyone about anything if they so wish. I am currently enjoying life,(y) but tomorrow may be a different, so I am making the most of it.:clap:

iffybob

iffybob

good for you

Hi, its nice to see people try and learn what they need to know, if all you do here is read and get some insight, good.

I dont think many here are qualifyed, but we all know "bits", that we have had to learn, some of us through trial and many errors, so dont feel on the out side.

Good luck with the training ......... boB........(y)

W

Wytnie

Thanks Bob, I decided to become a mentor through personal experience. I have been in that place where I made a secret, conscious, detailed plan to end it all. My saving grace was that my wife refused to give up on me. She clung on desperately to the last thread holding me onto this planet. My plan involved an “accident” where she would be guaranteed my insurance payout. All I was waiting for was icy conditions or torrential rain and my plan would have succeeded. I even thought God was against me because he stuck a period of mild sunny weather in the middle of winter! No ice or rain! My despair collapsed so deep that I couldn’t even be bothered to end it all. I then received two telephone calls, within 10 minutes of each other, from the same bank, demanding money with threats of bailiffs and eviction. I broke down completely. The caller gave me a phone number which I called. One of my most serious problems disappeared within 24 hours!
Looking back, I like to think that, if there is a God, he deliberately put that sunny weather in the middle of winter to prevent me from taking my life.
I will help anybody I can through their own journey.

iffybob

iffybob

abused child , not into the god thing, but you belive what you like.

AT least the experience gave you some direction, so some good came of it.