• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi all.

C

Conf

I have had GAD all my life. It is at an all time high. I am struggling so much. I also have depression. I feel so bad all the time. I have a husband who isn't very supportive and I have no friends. I find people don't want to be around sad and ill people they only want to know when you're doing things for them. I hate Christmas aswell. I feel my whole.life is in ruins. I just cannot cope anymore. I'm scared of being on my own and in the past I have put up with much abuse because I have been so lonely.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi there, welcome to the Forum. Depression can be so debilitating, especially if someone isn't getting any support etc. Add to that daily chores, responsibilities and expectations and I'd imagine someone's energy levels can get depleted really quickly. Generally everyone here are friendly, helpful and supportive. Many will also be able to relate to what you have shared here. It concerns me that your other half isn't being very supportive and that you feel your whole life is in ruins... Are you able to tell us a little more, perhaps we can share some suggestions. Sometimes it helps to talk too. Thank you for sharing all that you have, although I probably haven't helped much...

C

Conf

Hi there, welcome to the Forum. Depression can be so debilitating, especially if someone isn't getting any support etc. Add to that daily chores, responsibilities and expectations and I'd imagine someone's energy levels can get depleted really quickly. Generally everyone here are friendly, helpful and supportive. Many will also be able to relate to what you have shared here. It concerns me that your other half isn't being very supportive and that you feel your whole life is in ruins... Are you able to tell us a little more, perhaps we can share some suggestions. Sometimes it helps to talk too. Thank you for sharing all that you have, although I probably haven't helped much...
Hi thanks for replying. My other half doesn't want to know about depression and engage with it. He is a matter of fact type person who gets on with things. I think he tries to understand but just doesn't. He is very different than me a very cold person. I guess he tries but I don't find his attitude helpful I haven't for a long time. He doesn't see the grey in life only black and white. Yes everyday things are harder with depression. I do force myself to do things but rarely feel any better. I've been ill for a long time now and it seems to be getting worse. I am bored with life. I am lonely but have been used so much by people I don't trust people anymore and I don't want to engage with them. I know this is probably the wrong thing to do but I haven't got the patience with them anymore. People are ok as long as you're doing for them the minute you don't they disappear and move onto the next person. I am very disillusioned with life and feel very low. Thanks for replying it means a lot.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Thanks for your reply too. :) I think we all need stimulation in life, a driving force if you like. It gives us a reason to make a effort and very often we benefit from making those efforts. For example I'd imagine a sense of feeling unappreciated gives zero motivation. Some people produce their best results under certain circumstances. We are all different. I wonder if your unique set of circumstances are lacking or missing leaving you feeling flat etc. Again thank you for your replies. :)