• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi All,

C

Chef48

Newbie here to the forum. I am massively struggling with severe depression and low mood and feel I have tried everything and don't know what else to do. It's always good to talk to other sufferers!😁

I have recently started a career change which is amazing, but I'm worried my daily low mood and feeling out of it will effect my concentration to learn and to study my new path. I have recently started the flow stimulation headset and and done around 2 months. The trouble is my head is in such a muddled mess I can't actually say if its making any improvements. I feel tearful most days and struggle to engage with my young family. I'm concerned my 7 year old child will eventually figure out how I struggle so much, which makes me feel even more sad. I have figured out after so many years that drinking alcohol is a no no for anyone who struggles with mental health issues. So I am trying to completely stop drinking (even though I only have a few drinks on a weekend). I just can't handle hangovers as I feel so bad crappy with depression to start with. The trouble is I am surrounded by friends and family who really like a drink. Being teetotal I reckon really changes the dynamics of friends and family.
Anyway, hope I haven't waffled to much, this is just the tip of the iceberg really and wanted to reach out.

Speak soon and keep smiling 😅, Paul

sam999

sam999

congrats to your new Career and welcome i hope you find help here!
and about the drinks maybe you should just tell your friends about ur struggles and that you'd rather not have them drink while youre with them?

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Chef welcome to the forum :welcome:

P

Peppermint

Welcome and congrats on your new career.
I totally quit drinking a few years ago. It has made a huge difference to my mental health. Even just one drink affected me mentally and I always felt worse after drinking. I had to be really firm with friends when they offered me a drink and say no. It wasn't really a big deal. After awhile people get used to you being sober.