hi all

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

hi all,
ive been self harming since i was 13 im now 21,
i know the reason why i am doing it and cannot stop thinking about the reason its on my mind 24/7. ive been to counciling and they didnt help and been on anit depressiants (sp) and hasnt worked,the most ive been with out self harming is 2 days. and tbh i just want to give up my arms and wrists looks horrible i have over 150 scars on both arms going from shoulder down to wrist :( dont no what else to do ?

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
hi all,
ive been self harming since i was 13 im now 21,
i know the reason why i am doing it and cannot stop thinking about the reason its on my mind 24/7. ive been to counciling and they didnt help and been on anit depressiants (sp) and hasnt worked,the most ive been with out self harming is 2 days. and tbh i just want to give up my arms and wrists looks horrible i have over 150 scars on both arms going from shoulder down to wrist :( dont no what else to do ?
Hi sam.

You say you know the reasons... do you want to share them? No one knows who you are in here :)

AD's often don't work because they aren't the right ones for you. How long have you been taking them?

If it's more than a few months then go back to the docs and say they aren't working and try a diffo one, yeah?

Welcome to the site sam. :)

Angels

Angels

You could try using Bio-oil or some tissue moisturisers to make the scars look less intimidating, just dont put them on any open wounds!
if your feeling self concious there should be some concealers/make up type products to help, but check the labels.
Welcome to the forum! If your concelling isnt helpful you could try changing to someone who is more aware to your situation and offers more friendly support and advice.
Antidepressants can be changed also, if you feel that they are not working

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

this is effecting my sleep also i havent slept properley in days
probs had about 4hours in the last 3 days.
really struggling and im so eager SH :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
this is effecting my sleep also i havent slept properley in days
probs had about 4hours in the last 3 days.
really struggling and im so eager SH :(
Sleep deprivation can be horrendous sam. I know that only too well.

Did you read my post 2? Any thoughts?

Hide the stuff yeah? Hang on until tomorrow, then re-evaluate. :)

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

Sleep deprivation can be horrendous sam. I know that only too well.

Did you read my post 2? Any thoughts?

Hide the stuff yeah? Hang on until tomorrow, then re-evaluate. :)
ive booked in to the doctors, to try and change my AD's but it has to be liquid form.
what makes it worse is when i stop doing something, or it is silent, my mind just thinks and starts asking all this questions what need 2 be answered but wont ever be answered :(

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
ive booked in to the doctors, to try and change my AD's but it has to be liquid form.
what makes it worse is when i stop doing something, or it is silent, my mind just thinks and starts asking all this questions what need 2 be answered but wont ever be answered :(
You know sam? I've almost convinced myself that most mental health issues revolve around people who's minds that just have so many more questions than answers!! (I could be entirely wrong, but I don't think I am)

Most people don't seem to need this 'questions business'. I know I do. And from what I've read in here... I'm not on my own.

Stay safe tonight sam. You aren't on your own. I always think and know that I am!!... then I come in here, and find others feel the same way! We aren't on our own, y'know?

Take it easy on yourself, for at least one more night sam. :)

Also, I always think that at the docs, it's just too easy to lie, or stay quiet. Print out what you've written and show the doc that.

M :)

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

i cannot do this anymore and im at rock bottom and i dont see myself climbing back up to being happy :(

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
i cannot do this anymore and im at rock bottom and i dont see myself climbing back up to being happy :(
If you are at rock bottom, then it can only get better. That's what gets me through when I'm there.

When is yours doctors appointment?

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
next wednesday
Good stuff sam.

If you can get use of a printer, then print this page out. And show it to the doctor. If you feeling even slightly better by Wednesday, then you might forget where you were at yesterday, and a few days ago.

You write honestly in here, yeah? Then the docs need to see the honesty. It will help them help you.

Take care until Weds Sam. :)

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

i self harmed to day...
everything just seems to be falling apart
nothing is going right
i just feel like ending it im struggling so bad to cope
i can feels my self inside screaming
but im trying to stay strong for my 2 year old but its no working

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
i self harmed to day...
everything just seems to be falling apart
nothing is going right
i just feel like ending it im struggling so bad to cope
i can feels my self inside screaming
but im trying to stay strong for my 2 year old but its no working
Ok you've SH'd again Sam. You know it's done. No worries, that's now history.

Life ISN'T easy... you know that too. You do yeah?

Next time you feel like SHing, post on here first. It can't make thing worse!

You do have to fight this for your 2 year old. Chatting will help, and if you can't do it in person, you can do it here.

Hope you are sleeping well...

M :)

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

im at the point where id give up over trying to fight this
im losing the battle big time :(

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
im at the point where id give up over trying to fight this
im losing the battle big time :(
Don't give up sam. You have to just fight it day by day. It WILL get better. OK, you will have more in the future, but for now whilst on a major downer, just get through one more day :)

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

i just cannot stop thinking
it goes over and over in my head
day and night

samuel-oc235

samuel-oc235

depends wha loud music u listen 2
i listen 2 creed rem gorillz kings of leon alter bridge red goodbye
wubu ~?

J

john1

I have had horrible insomnia since Saturday, I cant drop off until 5/6.30am then sleep part of the day and it is becoming unbearable....as everything is worse with sleep deprivation.

I hope you take it day at a time or moment by moment and get through till Wednesday as you need to get the insomnia sorted.

I was supposed to see my doctor today but due to being awake all night i slept and did nt make it......got to laugh or i would cry or get destructive.
Hang on in there bud...your not alone.
Positive thoughts

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
depends wha loud music u listen 2
i listen 2 creed rem gorillz kings of leon alter bridge red goodbye
wubu ~?
Not sure what wubu means sam!

I listen to whatever I fancy. It can be Chopin, Nirvana, dance music, bagpipes, Irish music... all depends on what seems best at the time, you know?
I have had horrible insomnia since Saturday, I cant drop off until 5/6.30am then sleep part of the day and it is becoming unbearable....as everything is worse with sleep deprivation.

I hope you take it day at a time or moment by moment and get through till Wednesday as you need to get the insomnia sorted.

I was supposed to see my doctor today but due to being awake all night i slept and did nt make it......got to laugh or i would cry or get destructive.
Hang on in there bud...your not alone.
Positive thoughts
Ditto john. Sleep dep, is horrendous. I can't recommend any legal ways to forcefully induce it, as I don't know any.

Last edited by a moderator: