Hi all

J

Jezamighty

I've been on the hunt for a new outlet for my issues, since I haven't been to see my therapist for months now. Not by choice, I've just been too busy with work and home to make time. Besides, everything was going relatively well, so I didn't think it was terribly necessary. That was a mistake.

I deal with bipolar, anxiety and ocd. Probably a couple other things chucked in there. Lack of sleep, work stress and nobody to talk to has had a huge impact on my state of mind, so here I am. Hopefully it's a positive, helpful experience. I'm not a very public person so it's hard for me to be a part of things like this and feel like I belong at all. I always feel like an outsider.

I'm a married dad of 2, work full time (and then some) as a manager. I have been medicated in the past but never found a good balance, so abandoned meds for meditation and mindfulness. It's been effective, but loads of work.

That's it, I guess.

H

Hundjager

Hi Jezamighty

Welcome to the forums! I personally am not really a public person but I find in this environment, where everybody's really nice and not judgemental at all really helps.

I hope you find support and what you need here!

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi and welcome to the forum x
you should find it helpful and supportive. Have a look around and join in when you feel able
hugs
fox

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

congratulations for holding a job down. and the fact that you are taking some time to meditate and mindfulness. might be a good idea also not to watch or listen (read) negative stuff as this will all trigger anxiety and depression. i know that sounds extreme but for me i have had to do this.

i stopped looking at the newspaper headlines when i am at the corner shop/petrol station, because even those trigger me. oddly enough at the corner shop they put the newspapers in upside down which i am grateful for. some people seem to like a constant drip feed of negativity .

my parents every night without fail watch the news. if i happen to be there i either put me headphones on or i go out of the room. i cant do anything about all the bad news now can i

i do from time to time have a quick look on google news. for an update of sorts