• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi all

H

hindsight

my younger brother(from a different dad) hears voices because of the stress and greive he went thro knowing a secret.the secret was that his dad was sexually abusing me since i was 5 til 14 when i left home
he came to speak to me and apologise as i was so hurt from him stealing money from me, he asked me what my biggest secret was.then told me he knew.although not in depth but enough
this was a month ago im now 22 he is 16.
i told my mum and she is distraught as you can imagine the pain a mother feels when her child was hurt by some1 she entrusted with her children.
my mum reported it to the police and charges have been put in to place i have given evidence against my brothers dad.
through this all i feel lucky a have never felt depressed never wanted to commit sui i dont selfharm and have a health self image.im ok.
but my brother is who i want advice for he is 16 going through puberty which i remember was hard as it is let alone having these voices provocing paronia and hate in him, i wish i could take this away.he is going through this because of me and i dont know how to help.
any advice about what its like 2 hear voices and what i can do to help
thank you for reading x

D

Dollit

Talk to your brother. Let him know that you love him and that you'll stick by him. If he wants to talk about the voices let him and if he doesn't then don't. Get in touch with MIND and/or Rethink and talk to them. You can get all their details from this site. On the home page is a tab labelled Getting Help and all the details are on there.

Don't assume that you're brother's going through his experience because of you. If may be a part of it but only a part. Don't feel you have to be responsible for his experience.

And come back here and talk anytime you need. xx

H

hindsight

thank you.this site has given a whole other way of looking at these voices im going to try talk with him soon and go from there.thank you x:hug: