• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

hi all struggling with depression/loneliness

T

Tryingmybest76

Hi all,

Been doing all the things and feel like a failure. I am in therapy, do the exercises/art. I let myself feel/cry it out.
Still not feeling very good. Spent last week three days just straight up crying. Again today. Feel just like how can anyone want to be a true friend to me. Feel like I'm a charity case. I trust this friend 1000% my depression is really being stubborn. Reached to therapist and primary regarding how I am feeling/struggling. Thought maybe I could reach out on here to others who may be feeling similar/help one another.

Thank you all.

E

ending_unwritten

That's rough. I often feel that way that maybe people are only friends with me out of charity. Whenever the depression lifts I can see that my friends like me and want to be around me despite what I'm struggling with. It can be so frustrating not to be able to feel it in times like this week when my depression is bad. Just wanted you to know you're not alone!

T

Tryingmybest76

Thank you ending unwritten.

Exactly it just baffles me. Like no reason not to trust this person then my depression takes over trying to throw a wrench into a genuine companion. I know hopefully it will blow over. I just feel like they are distancing themselves but then again they have some stuff piling up/overwhelmed. So, it's definitely the depression talking. I just feel at this time I need to ease off and give them some room to handle their stuff.

Thank you. It really helps so much to know that.

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
:welcome: feel free to share some art in the members gallery, being creative is a good distraction.

T

Tryingmybest76

And me to handle my stuff too. I'm just all over the place currently and in a sad hurting place like a open pulsating wound.

J

jurdeu

Hi op,

I am also struggling with depression and loneliness. I have OCD, and have my entire life. I was clinically diagnosed in my early teens and with medication I can’t say my mental health has improved. Some of the OCD patterns are under control, but my personality has still been molded from my earliest thoughts by it. I’m extremely critical of myself to the point of hatred, and also paranoid/anxious in a way that is consistent with OCD

I have over the past year or so developed a pretty severe depression. I feel also like I am a charity case, except I don’t really have friends I can turn to and trust 1000% as you say because I don’t really trust anyone. It’s really exhausting and I’ve thought about throwing in the towel more and more often with each passing day, it certainly isn’t off the table. I feel strange and empty when doing anything, but especially things I used to love, which now bore me quickly and make me want to go to bed. I also don’t know what to do, and maybe this sounds really cheap and empty to you, but you aren’t alone in your fight, even if it might seem like it.

I’m glad that you have chosen therapy and are doing what you must, even if you feel like a failure I assure you these are still good things and it means that you are stronger than it.