• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi All... it's been a while... And I'm back not doing too good

T

TheSailorGirly

Hi all,

How are you all?

Sorry this might be a little bit of a long one...

So here's the thing. I had to keep a diary for my ex counselling a while back, and at that time I thought I had lost it or something because it disappeared. I know now that I was wrong, and actually it was stolen by a coworker who has kindly shared it with the staff ten who I manage. This has made me feel pretty vulnerable and although my manager has been brilliant, I am really struggling with the thought of going to work each day not knowing who knows what about me. I feel sick to my stomachs all day everyday and I don't want to eat. I need some help please?

Then... On top of that... My boyfriend has been going out for drinks with another girl and discussing things about me and my relationship which she is then rubbing in my face. I think she is wrong... And he is wrong to do it but when I try and talk he becomes defensive and shuts me off. I don't know what to do as he was one of the only people I trust. Now he is asleep next to me and I'm in bed with him but cant sleep.

I haven't slept or eat properly in days and I am really scared this is making me spiral again... Please help?

Thank you!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have you put on a complaint at work?

Not only is that theft but as far as I'm concerned sharing the details from the stolen diary is Gross Misconduct. If you haven't already I would seriously consider putting in a complaint about it.

I think you and your boyfriend need to have a sit down, maybe go out for drinks and have a proper chat about what he is telling her and what she is telling you. I bet if he knew how upset it was making you he may stop.

I'm sorry (not surprisingly) it's making you spiral.

Marliee x

T

TheSailorGirly

Hi marliee,

Thank you for your reply.

I have put in a complaint and it's being dealt with quite well and sensitively so I am pleased with that, it'll just take a bit of time.

And my boyfriend and I have talked now but I'm not sure if it's fully sinking in the damage he is doing to our relationship and my state of mind.

Thank you x

G

glimmerofhope

I send you my thoughts regarding your situation. I cannot imagine how violated you must feel by your coworker. What they did is 100% unacceptable. It is good that your boss is taking it so seriously. As for your boyfriend, what he is doing is having an emotional affair. It is considered cheating. You have every right to be upset and the girl needs to keep her nose out of your business. Stick to your guns because you are in the right.

T

TheSailorGirly

Thank you so much, I feel violated by all of the people I should be able to trust right now.

My boss has been brilliant, the only person I can trust in the whole situation x