• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi all, and which one?

A

abertha

Hi, I have been looking online all night at mental health websites, trying to find out what might be wrong with me. I seem to have the symptoms of ALL the disorders - is this possible? I saw a therapist in my mid teens, and a few times a year go back to doctors to ask if I could see another, and they always brush me off, despite suicide attempts and describing how I feel. I have just moved countries, and cannot yet be registered with a doctor as I do not have a job, but I feel that I cannot get a job because of whatever I am suffering from.

I do not have the money to pay for a private therapist - what should I do? I dont feel like there is anywhere to go from here.

A

Apotheosis

:welcome: What country are you in? What voluntary organisations are running there?

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Abertha and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find lots of friendly, supportive people here :)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Abertha and welcome.
Don't give up. There's lot's to be learned here.:)

A

abertha

I am currently in Norway - I dont feel I am able to speak the language, due to an extreme lack of confidence.I dont know where to go, should I just wait it out?

D

Dollit

Apart from the fact you've said you've looked at the internet and have all the disorders (which could mean absolutely anything and it is highly unlikely) and that you've moved to a country that you can't get health care in you haven't really said a lot. Surely it would have made more sense to find a therapist in your home country who could help? There is no facility for diagnosis here but perhaps you do need to talk.

U

ultimatim

welcome

hi abertha,
what are your symptoms if you dont mind me asking?:welcome:

A

abertha

Hi, my symptoms change a lot.

I am suicidal one minute, happy the next, I hate doing anything, I cant be rational, I dont enjoy anything, something as simple as the way the bus driver speaks to me can send me into a whole different mood. I have no condfidence whatsoever, I only leave the house when I am with someone or when I absoloutley have to. Social situations are almost impossible. This is how I felt today, it might change tomorrow.x

companion

companion

Founding Member
Hi abertha and :welcome:

It must be quite distressing, feeling like you could have every mental illness going. I think everyone in their life could attibute many different illnesses to the symptoms they experience and most of the time, it is just a coincidence and nothing more comes of it. As Dollit has said, it is very unlikely you have everything, remember you may not have any mental illness either.

One positive I can say is that you mention you are not rational, but your articulation of that post is incredibly rational to me. Also, remember everyones moods, feelings, and motivations change daily. For instance, I didnt want to get out of bed yesterday and today I was up and out of bed at 6am and didnt need to be. Im not trying to say that your symptoms are not anything, or are everything, but trying to emphasis what you are saying is "normal" in my opinion.

If you feel you need to seek a diagnosis, you will need to see someone face to face who can see how you are, because it is difficult to advise anything online. If you have moved countries, you best option is to seek voluntary organisational support if the healthcare is not free at the point of contact. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action.

Try not to worry and try to stay away from websites that say you have this or that disorder, the symptoms and questions that are asked, typically are very generalised and could be ascribed to 90% of the worlds population. I think one online test I did once ended up telling me I am a women - that morning I found proof I wasnt :LOL:.

Seriously though everyone on here will be very supportive and it is a safe environment to share your fears and so forth, but appropriate diagnosis and intervention will have to be sought on a face to face basis.

Take care

Companion