hi, 21 yr old female, nervous

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

hi! i'm not really sure what to say here, but well a little about me:
-i'm a student
-from wisconsin
-i like sunflowers and reading
-diagnosed with major depressive disorder, but currently undergoing mood fluctuations so seeking further professional attention for the possibility i have bipolar 2 disorder (freaking out a lot over that, any advice about this would be appreciated)
-i'm really friendly so never be scared to say hi!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @sadsunflower and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your struggle with anxiety and mood instability. You’re not alone. I’ve been feeling very unstable lately with my anxiety so I can relate.

I was in Wisconsin about 2 weeks ago🙂. I love the country side and the lovely nature there.

I hope you feel better soon.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Hi, welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of different people; from all sorts of walks of life here.

I tend to be a little skeptical about diagnoses - my psychologist too. I guess that has influenced my perception as well; and I was diagnosed with OCD and major depressive disorder - so I can argue this!

My advice would to not get caught up in the diagnoses; people are more complex than that. It can really keep you in a rut; on the other hand it can offer relief and explanation in some ways... just treat it with a hint of skepticism.

Otherwise- hope you get the help you need here. :)

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

Hi, welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of different people; from all sorts of walks of life here.

I tend to be a little skeptical about diagnoses - my psychologist too. I guess that has influenced my perception as well; and I was diagnosed with OCD and major depressive disorder - so I can argue this!

My advice would to not get caught up in the diagnoses; people are more complex than that. It can really keep you in a rut; on the other hand it can offer relief and explanation in some ways... just treat it with a hint of skepticism.

Otherwise- hope you get the help you need here. :)
Thanks, my psychologist isn’t really into diagnostic labels either.. she finds them limiting and trivial but finds them important from a medication standpoint (something i’m currently considering given my current state)

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

Hi @sadsunflower and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your struggle with anxiety and mood instability. You’re not alone. I’ve been feeling very unstable lately with my anxiety so I can relate.

I was in Wisconsin about 2 weeks ago🙂. I love the country side and the lovely nature there.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you! i’ve been here for a while, it is pretty but change would be nice eventually. moving far terrifies me though

Skynet

Skynet

hi! i'm not really sure what to say here, but well a little about me:
-i'm a student
-from wisconsin
-i like sunflowers and reading
-diagnosed with major depressive disorder, but currently undergoing mood fluctuations so seeking further professional attention for the possibility i have bipolar 2 disorder (freaking out a lot over that, any advice about this would be appreciated)
-i'm really friendly so never be scared to say hi!
Hi sadsunflower,

I have bipolar and OCD. Recently my psychiatrist but me on Abilify and escitalopram and my mood has improved a lot.

I'm a (lifelong) student as well. What do you study, if I may ask?

PS: You should consider changing your username (if that's possible) as it may have a mild psychological effect on you.

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

Hi sadsunflower,

I have bipolar and OCD. Recently my psychiatrist but me on Abilify and escitalopram and my mood has improved a lot.

I'm a (lifelong) student as well. What do you study, if I may ask?

PS: You should consider changing your username (if that's possible) as it may have a mild psychological effect on you.
Hi! That’s good to hear those have been helpful for you. I am studying biology, what about you?

Also — it doesn’t seem changing my name is an option but thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

Skynet

Skynet

Hi! That’s good to hear those have been helpful for you. I am studying biology, what about you?

Also — it doesn’t seem changing my name is an option but thank you for bringing that to my attention :)
You're welcome! I'm studying math and physics. As for biology, I know a bit about DNA and evolution -- which I owe to reading Richard Dawkins' books.

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

You're welcome! I'm studying math and physics. As for biology, I know a bit about DNA and evolution -- which I owe to reading Richard Dawkins' books.
Oof, physics! i’ve always found that really challenging for me. love math though :) and oh nice! i read the blind watchmaker and selfish gene this semester for the first time actually — very interesting guy/ideas