• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey

• Thread starter everythingwillbealright
  • Start date
E

everythingwillbealright

Hello! I found this place a while ago when I was looking for online mental health support communities. I visited a few times before, just to read other people's posts and find comfort in the ones I could relate to, but this is the first time I'm making an account. I'm usually too shy to actually talk to people and I usually just lurk in the background. I feel like I would benefit from getting out of my comfort zone and try to be part of an accepting community where I can fit in.
I am a 23 year old woman and I've been experiencing anxiety and depression episodes for years. Some days are better, others are just torture. I never sought out professional help for my issues, which is probably why they've felt unmanageable for so long. I am bad at asking for help and opening up to people, I prefer to try to help myself and survive on my own instead.
My mental health isn't the worst at the moment, though there are still days where I don't have the motivation to do anything productive and I'd rather just lie in bed all day. Today is that sort of day, so I'm just trying to take care of myself the best I can, give myself a break from responsibilities and take it easy, doing things at my own pace.

Anatta Aorta

Anatta Aorta

:hi:Hello and welcome!! I think you made a great choice to try and step out of your comfort zone. I'm doing the same thing by joining here and interacting with others! I think you'll find se great support in this community, I know I have so far. Glad to have you here and once again, welcome!

Bod

Bod

Hello and welcome, sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and ask for the help as on our own we can struggle to help our selfs, so it is good to talk and get the help from people when we need it and then carry on.

E

everythingwillbealright

Hello and welcome, sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and ask for the help as on our own we can struggle to help our selfs, so it is good to talk and get the help from people when we need it and then carry on.
Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with asking for help when it is needed. I don't know why I feel all this guilt when I want to find help for myself.. I think a lot of times I feel guilty for bothering people with my issues. I also often think that there is no point in asking for help if I feel hopeless, or I tell myself that I don't deserve to get better. I know all that isn't actually true, but I am still not completely used to self compassion. Thank you for your answer!

Bod

Bod

Guilt can be so cruel to us as we suffer from other issues and then guilt on top just makes matters far worse, but to grow stronger we have to ask for the help and please try not to feel guilty of asking for help at all. You will find this forum very helpful indeed as it helps me every day to grow stronger and believe in my self and that is why the members are so great here.

lucasso

lucasso

:welcome: well done for joining the forum, I hope you have a breakthrough by sharing and reaching outside your comfort zone. It's not a bad idea to seek professional help if you feel this is right for you and you do deserve the be supported. It's also your right too. I hope you meet someone lovely people and find knowing like-minded individuals who know what it's like for you uplifting and reassuring.