• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey :)

S

SuperPancake

I subscribed yesterday to the forum with a thread about my problem accepting my friend's death (just friend).
I didn't introduce myself so I thought that maybe I should.
I'm 29yo and i work as a doctor but I haven't yet started my residency (i wanna be an anaesthesiologist). I'm gay and in a couple the past 6 years. I'm "in the closet".
Pleased to meet u guys

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Hey and welcome! Hope you find the forum useful.

M

Marianda

Welcome to the forum. Wil be a pleasure👍👍 meeting you.

Bod

Bod

Hi Noctis, welcome to the forum first off I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you can settle here as everyone is so helpful kind and caring.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Noctis, welcome to the forum.

L

Lara Craft

hi there Noctis

I am sorry to hear about your friend

Respect to your career choice esp in these dark (pandemic) days..

Hope you find the support here as I have

S

SuperPancake

I am really glad that all u guys are so warm. That was a suprise.
Well the pandemic.. we were working non stop in the covid unit so the year passed didnt feel like it was a year.. more like a moment.
I think that even saying my problem (more precisely typing about my problem) is a relief cuz no one around me knows all that. Not my mother not my boyfriend.

Plus, here i have the chance to talk in english which i like so that's a plus to cheer me, even just a bit.

L

Lara Craft

As I have stated in my other threads, my dad is in the medical field, and it IS still crazy.

You mention that you have a chance to talk English, just made me realize how much I take such a small blessing for granted.

I am bilingual and would love to learn French..

Hope to hear from you

Strawberry Swing

Strawberry Swing

L

Lara Craft

Side note...

I am having a look at the user names...wow very interesting like it a lot.

all honesty some names I had to google just to get the story behind the scene..:rofl2:
FYI I AM NOT MAKING ANY FUN OF ANYONE please do not take any offence to my laughing emoji

S

SuperPancake

As I have stated in my other threads, my dad is in the medical field, and it IS still crazy.

You mention that you have a chance to talk English, just made me realize how much I take such a small blessing for granted.

I am bilingual and would love to learn French..

Hope to hear from you
Well I'm lucky bcz i always loved english and it wasnt hard for me. I enjoy it. I also speak french, ialian and Japanese. What's your second language?

L

Lara Craft

WHAT WOW :respect:

THATS AMAZING!!

my only other language is Afrikaans which is very similar to Dutch!

after watching Eat Pray Love ( i know right) and working at the airport I found that Italian should be spoken to with hands and all very interactive very cool!

Japanese .. WHAT!! I heard that it one of the most difficult languages to learn,

you are indeed an interesting person

S

SuperPancake

WHAT WOW :respect:

THATS AMAZING!!

my only other language is Afrikaans which is very similar to Dutch!

after watching Eat Pray Love ( i know right) and working at the airport I found that Italian should be spoken to with hands and all very interactive very cool!

Japanese .. WHAT!! I heard that it one of the most difficult languages to learn,

you are indeed an interesting person
I love foreign languages. I would learn more but I will end up spending too much money and I won't actually need them. I do it for fun. About Japanese.. weird story. The friend whom I lost always wante to take up japanese lessons. So I did that as a way to "feel" him and I was thinking he would be happy. I know weird thoughts. But the teacher is a nice guy and i like the language so I'm about to reach an advanced level although I don't know any Japanese to ever practice.

L

Lara Craft

okay i wish i had such a positive influence or even be surrounded by people who would have such a positive influence on me.

On a note, and although these are words you have heard and read but, I am very sorry for your lost. I only had one younger sister and she is no longer with us. It has been a few months but I found myself very lost and sad. A hole and presents which cannot be replaced.

oh and you never know when this or any language will be needed.. the field you in ... ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

Imagine you in the ER and have a patient who cannot speak or understand a language, you would and can be of great assistance.
you will look back on this and rethink that need.

L

Lara Craft

strange thought, I just realized that here at home my parents only speaks Afrikaans to each other even in my presence, they would then turn to me and ask or speak English as if I did not just understand the conversation.

It is very funny.

I suppose it is a habit and I see now with my nephew being around how this came about.
See when they do not want little ones to understand the conversation or its not meant for them we speak Afrikaans. Also my parents are from the Bore era where Afrikaans was the official language.

English is our first official language and the CORRECT Afrikaans is taught in school but we are exposed to "kombuis" Afrikaans since birth. "kombuis" is another word for slang. It is also very interesting to hear how different people in just another city pronounces and speaks.

I went on a holiday with my mom to where she was born. What an experience. I felt like I left the country the Afrikaans was so pure it made me rethink if I actually knew another language.

Made me so humble