• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hey :)

G

genevieve26

I realized just recently that I have been struggling with maladaptive daydreaming for the last years which makes me lose a lot of my time of the day that I shouldn’t lose. I‘m becoming addicted to my dreams and fantasies and I use every second of my alone time dreaming. I‘m also willing to sacrifice my sleep and a lot of precious hours during the day for it without a doubt. The triggers are always songs, movies, books and the minute the people I’m with leave the room and leave me alone. The dreams can last for a few minutes until I’m not alone anymore or up to many hours without interruption. It’s not that I hate my life, I have good friends and am doing well in school, but I am obsessed with my fantasies and thought of not daydreaming anymore makes me incredibly desperate, like losing the dreams would mean losing a part of me (although I am 100% aware of the fact that my dreams are and will never be real; I also don’t have any problem with distinguishing between the real world and my episodes; there is a rigid border between the two worlds) This maladaptive daydreaming is accompanied by interrupted depressive episodes which are sometimes severe and sometimes mild. However, these are only assumptions as none of the tho conditions are officially diagnosed by a professional. But I can‘t really explain to anyone the causes of the things happening to me and that’s probably why I cannot get help openly and easily.

one light

one light

Welcome here - you maybe could have a look on here, there's some dreaming going on in this page - and there might be something in one of the threads that might help as in 'learning' what its all about with your dreams - good luck.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
knowyourworth Hey I've made mistakes in the past ,I am trying to add value to my life .karma has taken a heavy toll on me,but a voice inside me won't let me give up Introduce Yourself 4
F hey Introduce Yourself 5
R Hey Introduce Yourself 4
C Hey peoples Introduce Yourself 6
A Hey all Introduce Yourself 8
W Hey everyone! Introduce Yourself 6
S hey Introduce Yourself 10
Isabel40 Hey everyone Introduce Yourself 6
H Hey Introduce Yourself 6
Hello513 Hey you say goodbye I say hello. You are not alone. Introduce Yourself 18
G Hey Introduce Yourself 8
N Hey new here, haven't felt myself for close to a decade Introduce Yourself 11
Q Hey am new Introduce Yourself 3
S hey! uni student struggling with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 2
S Hey everyone Introduce Yourself 4
M Hey everyone. I have trouble coping with what is happening to me (or what I am doing to myself?) Introduce Yourself 6
B Hey everyone Introduce Yourself 7
S Hey! Sandra is here! Introduce Yourself 12
ketuntassut Hey there, feeling desperate Introduce Yourself 22
H Hey, I’ve got a screwed up mind Introduce Yourself 9
Ace_Hart Hey y’all Introduce Yourself 19
scarecrow Hey all Introduce Yourself 8
MoonStar hey everyone. Introduce Yourself 11
M 👋🏻 Hey.. Introduce Yourself 7
jb5784 Hey, Guys! I'm so glad to be here. Introduce Yourself 2
MiniThoughts Hey, guys... Introduce Yourself 9
veela Hey there Introduce Yourself 4
B Hey all :) Introduce Yourself 4
G Hey everyone :) Introduce Yourself 13
MoonShapedPool Hey Guys Introduce Yourself 11
sakana hey!! Introduce Yourself 3
J Hey, I need help my mental health ATM is affecting my life Introduce Yourself 11
gt86 Hey everyone! Introduce Yourself 8
J Hey newbie Introduce Yourself 7
A Hey Introduce Yourself 3
R Hey there do I have HOCD? Introduce Yourself 2
Tallmadwoman Hey im new to this but desperate to meet new people who deal with what i do Introduce Yourself 14
M Hey guys, toxic parents, abuse, abortion, please help Introduce Yourself 4
M Hey! Introduce Yourself 7
C Hey... Introduce Yourself 2
SadBean01 Hey Introduce Yourself 5
Beorn the Bear Hey, newbie here Introduce Yourself 9
L Hey I’m new Introduce Yourself 14
sam999 hey im new uh Introduce Yourself 9
J Hey Introduce Yourself 5
J Hey guys! New here Introduce Yourself 5
BeautyInRepair Hey everyone Introduce Yourself 5
A Hey there :) Introduce Yourself 9
M Hey Introduce Yourself 6