• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey y’all!

B

brookellaur

Hi everyone! I’m Brooke. I’m very excited to be a part of this community since mental health, psychology & anything relating to how the human mind works is my love language. I’m a psychology major studying to be a mental health counselor so I’d love to be involved in anything relating to people’s feelings.
I’m looking forward to providing comfort & talking to y’all! ☺

Bod

Bod

hi brooke, welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here and i can relate to you about being a counsellor as i was when i worked as a volunteer in a mental health rehab.

B

brookellaur

hi brooke, welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here and i can relate to you about being a counsellor as i was when i worked as a volunteer in a mental health rehab.
I’d love to hear more about your experience with working there!

Bod

Bod

I’d love to hear more about your experience with working there!

when i was 40 i had to go to a rehab as i was a mess with depression self harming drinking badly and taking drugs like weed and coke as i ended up on the streets, i detoxed in a rehab for 3 weeks then moved into a rehab for people who suffered from drink drugs and mental health issues while there i spent time working through all my past abuse and ever other thing and that charity saved my life so as they were so pleased with my progress i became a volunteer with them and worked along side a counsellor working with other people sitting in on the sessions in one to one so they taught me how to listen not judge care for and help. A lot was just listening to them talk, then some of the women started to ask if i could work with them as we all related to being abused and raped so my journey of helping others began as i wanted to put back in just what i got. Just over a week away i am 60 yrs old and also 20 years stopped self harming, but to manage that i had to dig very deep into my mind and heart to go through the therapy sessions to come out the other side. I was very proud of my self helping others as it was great to see that you can turn your life around if you really want too, then i had to move from there back to my parents home as dad was ill and then after he died sadly, i moved out and got a volunteers job working in Mind coffee shop but the uk gov lot stopped funding that sadly and it closed. I have my good days but still have some bad ones but the good far out weigh the bad, then i joined this forum and it is the best thing i have done as the members and staff are so caring and helpful that it reminds me of a big happy family trying to help each other.