Hey there

M

MissyMaude

Hey there,

A little about me... Been suffering with anxiety and depression for many years now but had a breakdown around four and a half years ago not long after my dad left my mom for her best friend. Recently I was actually starting to do ok but my dads ill health and alcolism has finally shown their true colours and madam moobag (nicest name I can come up with 😁) has kicked my dad out until he sorts himself out... whilst he was in hospital... isn’t she a truly awesome person! 👍

All this wouldn’t of been so bad if my dad didn’t own half our house so... if madam moobag doesn’t take him back or he doesn’t sort himself out we will have to move... again. We had to move after he left before.

No one wants my dad with them as his addiction is too bad. An basically sod all I can do except stress and worry and watch my mental health decline again. 😬

Trying and failing to keep positive...

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hey Missy i would think it would be a good idea to see what are your options to stop that happening seeing as it would be detrimental to your mh.

can you go to the CAB and get some advice maybe? as it sounds like your dad needs to live in supported housing

M

MissyMaude

hey Missy i would think it would be a good idea to see what are your options to stop that happening seeing as it would be detrimental to your mh.

can you go to the CAB and get some advice maybe? as it sounds like your dad needs to live in supported housing

Right now madam is still visiting him and we aren’t allowed to tell him we know anything at my uncles request. He is hopefully seeing my dad this weekend to discuss options. You’re very right though he does need to live in supported housing but it’s if he would be allowed to with owning half a house. CAB is definitely a good shout thank you! 🙏

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah now i have recently found out that owning your house is not necessarily an obsticle however when its two people who are alive and the situation changes that is more complex. but best ask the question anyway

also from a psychiatric point of view, maybe that would be a strong possibility using that lever. as he cant function properly left to his own devices. just me thoughts

M

MissyMaude

Making it more complicated is my mom and dad never actually went through the divorce bit so might make it more complicated still. Yes definitely worth asking the question!

And as far as my dad is concerned he would be absolutely fine on his own... as long as he can limp/hobble/zimmer/drive depending on the day to a shop to get alcohol he’s absolutely fine. 🤦🏼‍♀️ The fact he spends the other 23 hours either in bed or at his computer drinking well... it’s still functioning. God knows how the DVLA allowed him to keep his driving license. I’m hoping now the hospital has him and they are aware of his alcoholism they will report that to the DVLA... I don’t think you can drive without reporting it can you?

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

i dont know that the hospital can report this but i think the doc might be able to but that is tricky i imagine

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 4
B Introduce Yourself 5
M Introduce Yourself 10
S Introduce Yourself 6
B Introduce Yourself 12