• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey there need some help

Dy7anr72

Dy7anr72

Hey. I'm a bit stuck in my life at the moment, this isn't for myself but instead to receive advice on a situation with a friend and her boyfriend (my brother) This involves the subject of ''psychopathy'' I understand that isn't a diagnosis but my brother received a diagnosis of Antisocial Personality disorder a few years ago, personally It's been obvious to me and my close family that he shows pretty much all elements of what people call psychopathy. I'm not sure which thread to go to to post more information.. completely new to this website and wasn't sure where else to go. I'm in no way a professional and am here to learn and get advice. 👍

OCDguy

OCDguy

Not sure this forum is the right place to be asking questions like that to be honest. Professional advice is probably the way to go. Hope this helps :)

Dy7anr72

Dy7anr72

Not sure this forum is the right place to be asking questions like that to be honest. Professional advice is probably the way to go. Hope this helps :)
Thanks man, though I may still post in the personality disorders section just to get any help at all until I can find professional advice. It's just not free and that's a huge issue for me, thats why I came here mostly.

J

Jazzmine84

Hi Dy7anr72, I think the following thread could be useful and maybe you could even reach the author. Hope that helps and good luck with your inquiry.

Hello, I am diagnosed with ASPD *Anti Social Personality Disorder* and score a 37/40 on the PCL-R based on diagnosis from a trained professional. I also display severe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex on an fMRI scan due to head trauma. I am considered "severely psychopathic" according to modern medicine. I am creating this thread to hopefully attract others like me for discussion, and to answer questions from people who are curious about this topic. Feel free to ask anything, I will answer honestly thanks to the anonymity of this forum.