• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hey there all...

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi guys I'm a survivor of the mental health adventure. 38, first diagnosed in 1992 aged 22. Long old slog it has been that's for sure. Currently working, just about to hit three years. Married, coming up to eight years, three kids. Just finishing my degree, BSc in Anthropology, going on to do an MSc in Medical Anthropology next year. Long term goal to work in mental health research thrashing out recovery strategies. Actually writing up my dissertation over xmas, then all done.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome:

Good luck in all your studie's (y)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Ta.... :) Thanks for the welcome...

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Its on recovery, had to interview a couple of service users. I have a hypothesis (WHooooooHHHH!!!) which I'm working on ;)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Its on recovery, had to interview a couple of service users. I have a hypothesis (WHooooooHHHH!!!) which I'm working on ;)
I hope you'll share lots of your thoughts here! :cool:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
For sure, that's why I joined, hopefully the forum can grow. I've joined a few before, but they mostly seem quiet...

mischief

mischief

Admin
For sure, that's why I joined, hopefully the forum can grow. I've joined a few before, but they mostly seem quiet...
Well we are really hoping this one won't be quiet ....... it doesn't appear so far that it will be! (y) It is going to be though a case of all us promoting it to get many more members and lots of us contributing on a regular basis! Yes it is hard work, but we will be helped by having many good links and the many great people who have already joined! To be honest it has totally exceeded my expectations for the first few days! :clap:

Megannie

Megannie

Founding Member
:welcome: Rorschach, I'm pleased to meet you, another survivor(y)

it's encouraging to see the way this forum has taken off this week, let's hope it continues.:clap:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Yep the internet should be an ideal place where survivors can meet. Given the anonymity it can provide it is an opportunity to really thrash out stuff you might not want to in real life. I know quite a few people with mental illness who find the web allows them to have a social life they are quite often denied in wider society...

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi rorschach, i agree with you about the internet. I would be llost without it now. Im on a couple of other sites but they are not for mental health so i dont like saying whats wrong with me.

Id be absolutly lost without the internet now. Especially when i cant sleep.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I think you're not alone on that one. They say most of our interaction is none worded, but here on the internet its all about words; if words are directly from the brain it means we can interact brain to brain without all the baggage of how we look, our accents etc.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hehe yep, as im not going out today ive got tracky bottoms on and a huge jumper. I just hope no one comes to the door cos i think they would run a mile. :scared:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I've just had to venture out to pick up my son from school, and now I have the task of going to work, not sure they'd approve if I turned up in my tracksuit ;) . Not too bad tho' as I have 16 days straight as holiday from my job. Funny thing about my job is that when I arrive at the door I'm fine, but as I leave my front door it seems like a real mission. Takes me a while to get over the neuroleptic hangover I feel most mornings...

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hello and welcome from another survivor (just). Going through a bit of a relapse at the moment.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 7
mareedee Introduce Yourself 8
J Introduce Yourself 1
R Introduce Yourself 2
S Introduce Yourself 4